Mock-ups of Pure :icbm: - Randy Edition

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Damn man, thats really close to something I doodled out once, minus the S/H/H config and the paddle headstock

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xXxPriestessxXx

One Among the Fence
Contributor
Reaction score
I want my Hello Kitty Explorer. As the original idea came from me. ;) You did make it come to life though. :wub: Now I just need the funds to get it in the works.

Reaction score
:bump:

Working with Max *ibznorange*, and he came up with this rather unique but awesome uber-strat. :metal:

maxsguitar.png

Thank you to randy...

What is the program everyone usesd to make these?

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
I believe they are using a combination of autocad and photoshop. Autocad to create the basic blue print and photoshop for fixing colors and such.

The man who guys by Cosmitron on several other forums is the master though. Even though Randy and Twisted are far more talented than I will ever be (most likely):

Here's some of his works
IBZ&

IBANEZ%202540PIII%20c.jpg

IBZ%20Neon%20%20DY%20&%20Blue%202%20copy.jpg

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want my Hello Kitty Explorer. As the original idea came from me. ;) You did make it come to life though. :wub: Now I just need the funds to get it in the works.

Ah, meine dame. :wub:

This one will be exclusive to you.. ;) And in appreciation for my pimp new hoodie, I might be making this one 'on the house'.

What is the program everyone usesd to make these?

I use AutoCAD+Adobe Illustrator+Paint Shop Pro (I'm transitioning into Photoshop though...)

The man who guys by Cosmitron on several other forums is the master though.

Yeah, his stuff is jaw dropping. I'm not great with understanding 3D enough to make something as intricate as that, but I made a pet project of a 1527 that wasn't too bad... that might see the light of day sometime soon. ;)

For one-offs, and just 'design ideas' 2D seems to work well enough, but what Cosmitron does would be really sweet for product development/marketing if you were working with a bigger company. Personally...? It'd take me just as long or longer to make a picture that sweet, then it would for me to just build the damn guitar. :lol:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ah, the master. :bowdown:

Yeah, in that thread Max mentions that he stole the upper horn from a Manne, and the rest from various different guitars (the other 3 escape me at the moment).

That looks really delicious in Korina. :yum: This one was supposed to be mahogany, but it was taken from a particularly light colored plank. Either way, both guitars are giving me GAS. :mad:

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
Ah, meine dame. :wub:

This one will be exclusive to you.. ;) And in appreciation for my pimp new hoodie, I might be making this one 'on the house'.

I use AutoCAD+Adobe Illustrator+Paint Shop Pro (I'm transitioning into Photoshop though...)

Yeah, his stuff is jaw dropping. I'm not great with understanding 3D enough to make something as intricate as that, but I made a pet project of a 1527 that wasn't too bad... that might see the light of day sometime soon. ;)

For one-offs, and just 'design ideas' 2D seems to work well enough, but what Cosmitron does would be really sweet for product development/marketing if you were working with a bigger company. Personally...? It'd take me just as long or longer to make a picture that sweet, then it would for me to just build the damn guitar. :lol:

Aye the thing is he doesn't do this for a company. He just did all those for fun. :lol:

yeah the 2d stuff definitely works for general ideas. Though the 3d really brings the design to life. Could be especially hand if your trying to show the look of a really contoured guitar like Elysians one design.

Latest posts

')