Mod: EMG Covers for Passive Pickups

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
Messed em up a little, but you can't really tell from the photo. Had to cut them down and sand them quite a bit.
Covers over a Seymour Duncan Distortion/Jazz set in my LTD ZH-7.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
Anyone found these covers at eBay?. Mojotone shipping costs to Europe are so expensive if purchase only the covers...

I'm prettttttty sure that any 5 string bass cover should work for a passive 7 string pup. I'm not as certain about 6 strings and 8's though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Anyone found these covers at eBay?. Mojotone shipping costs to Europe are so expensive if purchase only the covers...

even their shipping within the US is a bit stupid.

I've tried looking for any suitable alternatives but it seems there are none this side of the atlantic.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
It looks like the 6 string bass covers are longer than 8 string active pups, so those wouldnt work unless you wanna make your cavity like a quarter inch longer on both sides.

blaxquid

Reaction score
I'll reiterate what has been said, in the hopes that the guys from Mojotone ever check their web referrals: their shipping prices are retarded. 35$ to ship 2 covers to Canada is ridiculous. Seems like blackouts will be my only option as a replacement to the terrible 808s.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I'll reiterate what has been said, in the hopes that the guys from Mojotone ever check their web referrals: their shipping prices are retarded. 35$ to ship 2 covers to Canada is ridiculous. Seems like blackouts will be my only option as a replacement to the terrible 808s.

The do give an option to ship via USPS which should be cheaper,but I think you'll need to contact them for a quote.

blaxquid

Reaction score
The do give an option to ship via USPS which should be cheaper,but I think you'll need to contact them for a quote.

The 35$ option was USPS. UPS/FedEx are usually cheaper (about 10$ in that case) but you get pwned with brokerage fees. I'm not sure
if it would be the case with 4$ worth of items but it's NOT worth the risk.

I contacted them and here's their response:

"Thank you for the email!

My shipping manager has come up with $27.54 via USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate as the cheapest shipping method for your order.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Sincerely,
"

Out of sheer curiosity I calculated it myself cos I've been doing business with the US since... forever, and it's been a LOOONG time since I've been quoted numbers like that. SO. Shipping a small flat rate box from NC (28425) to Montreal is 19.99$. They may have a business discount too - maybe equivalent to taxes (but hypothetical) so I see a 7.55$ handling/other fee - too much on top of a bloated price already. Seems like they never heard of envelopes.

Synonym of very high shipping prices is "I don't want your business." An amp head kit is like 200$ to ship from Mojotone to Canada... (O RLY?) Maybe they're not staffed to handle the few hundreds 4$ orders they'd get - making it not profitable for them. But I shipped an AxeFx recently (in a road case), insured with bulletproof/oversized packaging and it was about 35$.:rolleyes:

Anyway, already ordered the 8-strings Blackouts set from PA and it was 14$ to ship, no hard feelings.