Mod: EMG Covers for Passive Pickups

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
that's a bummer :(

unfortunately, i gave my spare pair of 8-string covers to a friend. i also have some 7-string covers left, though :lol:

Willens

YASSEAH
Reaction score
I received the correct (mini alpha 500k) pots today, so hopefully I can find a good wiring diagram; now about those covers I ordered...

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Why dont we just pressure BKP to make a run of passive pickups in EMG sized housing? Problem solved and a huge win for BKP!

Willens

YASSEAH
Reaction score
I will have you all know the Dimarzio D Activator 8 is BY FAR the most amazing 8 string pickup on the market; the tone is beyond clean, crisp, bright and tonal. I have never played on a guitar with such clarity and capability... I will be posting a video this weekend, and I know to each their own, but if you are a precise player like myself? You will never experience such reward for clean playing (especially in proper sweeping) like you will with these pickups for the RGA8/2228. I find it more proper than any Jem I've ever experienced, and that is saying something.

The funny part is... StewMac sent me two tone pots, so I have two tones with no volume haha

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
I will have you all know the Dimarzio D Activator 8 is BY FAR the most amazing 8 string pickup on the market; the tone is beyond clean, crisp, bright and tonal. I have never played on a guitar with such clarity and capability... I will be posting a video this weekend, and I know to each their own, but if you are a precise player like myself? You will never experience such reward for clean playing (especially in proper sweeping) like you will with these pickups for the RGA8/2228. I find it more proper than any Jem I've ever experienced, and that is saying something.

The funny part is... StewMac sent me two tone pots, so I have two tones with no volume haha

sounds great :yesway:

the only difference between tone and volume pots is the sweep curve (linear vs logarithmic). with the pot on 10 or 0, there's no difference between both.

Willens

YASSEAH
Reaction score
sounds great :yesway:

the only difference between tone and volume pots is the sweep curve (linear vs logarithmic). with the pot on 10 or 0, there's no difference between both.

I have two tones and no volume, the guitar can't be muted haha

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Right. Attempt 2 atr ordering off guitar jones. THis time i've ordered 2xEMG35 and 2xEMG40 housings as they basically sent me 35 housings last time.

Means I'll probably end up with a spare set of 35 housings for anyone that wants a set.

Hopefully they won't fuck up this time either.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
EMG 8-string (eg 808): EMG40 housing
EMG 7-string (eg 707, 817): EMG35 housing

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
EMG 8-string (eg 808): EMG40 housing
EMG 7-string (eg 707, 817): EMG35 housing

Where can I find "Standard" or Passive size 7 String Pickup Covers? I found some for my 6 but no luck with non-Emg (707) size for 7 string. Sorry if this has been covered earlier in this thread, I am a little late in the game.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
Where can I find "Standard" or Passive size 7 String Pickup Covers? I found some for my 6 but no luck with non-Emg (707) size for 7 string. Sorry if this has been covered earlier in this thread, I am a little late in the game.

afaik there are no aftermarket passive-sized 7-string covers.

lordrcceaser

Reaction score

Latest posts

')