Modded RG1527 Finished

Pirelli

Reaction score
As everyone knows, most Prestige Ibanez come with really shitty pickups. So I ordered heaps of stuff from banjomikez ages ago but never got around to finishing both my guitars, until now...

I also rewired both using better quality pots and switches. CTS for the pots and CRL / Fender for the switches. I wasn't expecting too much of a difference but I was surprised to notice the 7 string sounded distinctly better with the new pots/switch. Placebo effect maybe?

I put a Blaze Bridge / Neck in the RG1527 and in the RG1570 a Steve's Special / FS-1 (Reverse Wound) / Air Norton.

I get quite a different sound out of the RG1527 compared to my UV7BK. I have to admit the UV does sound better, but the RG still sounds good and I play it heaps because I'm not as worried if I scratch or dent it. The RG1570 sounds really awesome and I can get some good Petrucci tones, which is what I was aiming for.

Anyway, onto the pics :)

RG1527A.jpg

RG1527B.jpg

RG1527C.jpg

RG1570C.jpg

RG1570A.jpg

BothB.jpg

BothC.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
:hbang: I put a Blaze Bridge / Neck (green) in my RG7421 that I bought from banjomikez. The sound really great.
They look really sweet! Nice Work!!Congrats!!!:yesway:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
those guitars are smokin'! nice job dude

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Blue and white = teh win! I love that look and if I ever get a nice rich blue guitar it's going to be white pickups and hardware all the way!

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice job. I kinda want to get all white stuff for mine now. :D

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Mate that is awesome, the white just sets the blue off. :metal:

IM04

Reaction score
I wish i'd put white pickups in my 1527. I didn't plan the new pickup, I just saw a Blaze custom in a guitar shop and bought it without thinking.
If i'd just waited I could be rocking an even more badass guitar.

Pirelli

Reaction score
fucking hell your guitars look awesome! could you provide some sound clips?

Next thing on my to-buy list is a SM57 and a mic pre-amp. At the moment I have nothing to record with :(

I just started a new job recently, so after a few pay days I'll pick the stuff up, I've got credit cards to pay off first :squint: