Modded VHT Pitbull 100/CL w/ EQ

• Thread starter dooredge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
Description: Excellent condition VHT Pitbull 100/CL w/ EQ. Great sounding / looking amp. Absolutely a monster and even more so w/ the mods noted below. The amp also has new EL34 power tubes & a combination of Shuhang & EHX preamp tubes.

Modifications: RED Channel - slightly re-voiced the gain structure to tighten up and make the amp more aggressive sounding. The gain has been upped in this Pitbull so it's even deadlier than stock. It's not so over-the-top that feedback is an issue, though. Still very manageable & versatile.

GREEN Channel - stays truly clean as long as the gain pot is kept down. We took quite a bit of gain out of GREEN but only so much could be done to make 3 cascaded gain stages clean. It sounds surprisingly good though and has plenty of headroom. It will stay clean until the power section starts to break up which is LOUD.

Accessories: Channel footswitch & amp cover included

References: see iTrader feedback. 100% positive as seller/buyer.

Price: $1300 Shipped w/ PayPal Gift (or buyer pays fees). CONUS only/ No Trades, please.

Pics:

vht1.JPG

vht2.JPG

vht3.JPG

vht4.JPG

vht5.JPG

vht6.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
Here's a walk-thru of the VHT. Long video I suppose, but I wanted to take my time with it so a potential buyer can be sure of what they're getting.

Also, there's a dead spot in the audio towards the end of the video. I must have a received an e-mail and the audio was interrupted. It resumes shortly thereafter.

Signal path: Gibson LP w/ DiMarzio Dominions > VHT Pitbull > Blackstar Blackfire w/ V30's > Droid Bionic

Channel EQ knobs for Red & Green were all at Noon, the depth and presence knobs on the on the back of the amp were at 1 o'clock.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
Apparently someone has sand in their mangina due to me seeking PayPal Gift. That is why the f/s thread above states, "Shipped / PayPal Gift (or buyer pays fees)". Meaning the buyer has a choice. Send funds via gift or add 3% to $1300 and send via regular PayPal. Pretty simple to figure out. :idea: I haven't earned 100% feedback by screwing people.

:bump: $1300 Shipped & Paypaled (not via gift).

BadBovineNickel

Reaction score
Bump for a great seller! Jared is straight ahead and totally trustworthy...bought a great guitar from him a couple of years ago and he was excellent to deal with! :yesway:

Latest posts

')