Modding my LTD M-107

• Thread starter Wurzelwicht
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

this is my first Thread on this forum since joining almost one year ago.
Shortly after, I bought my first sevenstring from a member here:wavey: . An already sanded LTD M-107 with upgraded Pickups (Lundgren M7 & DiMarzio Liquifire) It was perfect to my need, as I was planning to modding it anyway.

Here is what I have already done and am going to do: Please help me decide with the things I wrote in bolts.

Hardware:
I am going to Replace all the Hardware with Hipshot parts! Thanks to Elysian :yesway: Just because its the best Hardware I could think of, even though I have to drill alo of new holes. The old ones already being closed.

Pickups:
Funny thing: First I wanted to buy the guitar without the Pups because
1) I had a pair of EMGs (81-7, 707TW) already laying around. (Was a big EMG Guy these days, had em in all of my guitars, even the Strat. Well a lot changed since then :D Still searching for a guitar to put em in though.)
2) I had never heard of Lundgren before ... Maybe the best decision I've ever made, to give it a try as it changed my whole (PU-)Life.
Well long story short, the M7 will stay at the Bridge but the Liquifire will be replaced with a Q-Tuner, being perfect for Cleans. (Fell in Love with it as a neck Pickup after I got it in my Moser)
For Electronics: I want to keep em really simple. Therefore I filled all the Pot Holes. Will be only one Push-Pull Volume, or a Volume and a 3-way switch.

Body:
First off, I took everything apart and sanded it again, to remove the Oil-Finish. I am planning to put a Walnut veneer on and add a Ivoroid Binding. I hope my skills are sufficient :D I would like to stain it darkgreen but maybe it will stay just natural. Have to do a test staining and decide then.
The back is going to be stained mahogany.

Neck
I already replaced the odd plastic inlays with abalone ones. I will be screwed on using neck Inserts for a more stable connection.
Two finishing options : 1) Ebonising the fretboard, leave the back natural
2) Leave the fretboard natural and stain the back of the neck matching it!

Thanks for reading and ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_7082.jpg
    IMG_7082.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7080.jpg
    IMG_7080.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 54

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
I'm not sure a dark green stain will look all that great on walnut. But that's just about the only issue I have here. As for the neck, I say ebonize!

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Wow, first of all, I miss this axe ;)

Glad I got you converted on the M7. I'm really looking forward to seeing these mods!

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the input and liking.

@Jon: You converted me to Passives :shred: And thanks for your blessing!

')