Modding the LED lights on the Engl Pball

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
So i have a version 1 pball and it has the red lights, yup sexy, but just like everyone elses, i thought it might be cool if i could get maybe some green or blue lights in mine (or gasp! both!), but i was just wondering what would be involved, how hard it would be, and if it is even worth the trouble... (just to clarify, i AM talking about the leds behind the power tubes...)

Now keep in mind guys, i rode the short bus to electrical engineering school, so i know NOTHING about anything when it comes to electronics except you plug things into magical wall outlets, and magical blinky lights come on so work with me here please haha!

Thanks dudes (and possible dudes claiming to be dudettes and vice versa...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
2058i0.jpg

tpg_big.jpg

Id see if you cant fit any xmas lights up in there lol

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I think he was asking about what he needs to know.
Ideally, specs of the leds already used would be great. You could try ENGL customer support, they are supposed to be great. Shoot em an email and see what you get. Then order the appropriate LED from the American equivalent of Farrads electronic supplies. Get the right dimensions, resistance, tolerance etc., although i wouldnd go for colour changing or bi-state LEDs unless you know what you are doing, and, no offense, but it sounds like you arent 100% confident. But hey, neither am I. :D
Good luck!

Ryan

Reaction score
Dude, Bulb, seriously, just crack some glow sticks, toss em in there.. way faster/easier..

')