Modem apps > Hyperterminal?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I need a decent, free/shareware modem app that has a decent set of tools. I need to connect a pair of laptops together via cellphones in data mode, and hyperterminal really isn't robust enough to do what I need to do. Unfortunately, I need it to run on Windows. :mad:

Any recommendations would be spiffy. Especially from Jeff, because he's the king of making old shit work. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Search up 'hyperterminal private edition'. They charge for the current version (Hilgraeve, Inc. - High Performance Software to Advance Communications) but you should be able to find a freeware older version out there. May even get a short term trial of the current if you don't need it too long... I used it once years ago, so I couldn't tell ya if it's what ya need, but probably worth a look.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks man, I got this working using M$'s built in (and naturally uber bloated) native PPP connection.

')