Modern speakers for metal in a 62' Fender Bandmaster cab?

• Thread starter Nile
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
1000008921.jpg
I stole the two original JBL's out of it to sell. I would rather not be responsible for two minty 60's speakers worth 900-1000 as a set.

Now I have this cab. It is old and cool so I am wondering if I can use it still. It has a really odd looking construction in the middle. I don't know why it looks like that but it does. I was intending on putting two Celestion K-100's in. Should I give up on this cab and get something new? If it is going to sound bad then I won't waste my money.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Why not just sell the JBL’s in the cab lol

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Why not just sell the JBL’s in the cab lol
The cab shell itself and the speakers were the only original things left. It doesn't even have a Fender badge or handle left. No original wiring. Not to mention its pretty rough looking. I don't understand how the speakers were in immaculate condition considering everything that it has been through.

Selling and shipping two rare speakers is a lot easier than a full cab.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Mojo Jojo tones are awesome dude. Greyhounds and British vintages are great for metal.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
It hurts my soul to see this happening
I heavily debated it. But nothing is original or just plain missing.

It doesn't look messed with, but far as I can tell the middle wood posts don't line up with what I see other examples having. No handle, no badge, no original screws or bolts, no original wiring, been cut into in a few places. Input jack is original but it's broken. I would have sold it anyways and seperating the speakers was the best option for that.

You can find listings for way better conditions of these exact cabs empty for pretty cheap. This is also another factor for me being okay doing it. Pair the mint speakers with a minty cab they deserve being in.