Modifications from SX st to Scott Henderson Type Strat

nienturi

Reaction score
Hello there,

It's been a while. Anyway, this is my white strat named "white falcon" that i turned it from SX strat to something i really love; Scott Henderson Strat;

This was its first state;
sx-sst62-vwh-elektro-gitar-23303-20-B.png

But i wanted it to sound better and look cooler. So, i did touch on her. After my midas touch it becomes;

With its custom wound tappable single pickups (push: underwound, pull: very slightly overwound) made by ERS Pickups, Bourns model 95 pots, orange drop caps, CRL switch, Kinman type treble bleed circuit, Hantug vintage tremolo made of titanium it really sounds good, plays great, feels awesome and looks cooler :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3c6n_8MZqY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUqK7DesVts

I played crappy but i hope it may help about the sound :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
In '05 I gave an SX strat an Eric Johnson makeover and made a Buckethead Les Paul out of an Agile - Great to see it's not just me who suffers from this sickness.

Does having the middle screws out of the trem feel any different?

nienturi

Reaction score
like the cheeky suhr/pensa/schec headstock edit :yesway:

Yes, indeed i love those kind of headstocks, too.

kramer-vs-suhr-headstock.jpg

In '05 I gave an SX strat an Eric Johnson makeover and made a Buckethead Les Paul out of an Agile - Great to see it's not just me who suffers from this sickness.

Does having the middle screws out of the trem feel any different?

The guitar itself has the mojo, man. So it totally worths: its very lightweight piece of guitar, very resonant, full responsive, has nice warm but x-tall clear tone so i love it.

And the lack of middle screws, yes, i find this is the fine adjustment for light and soft trem uses. Furthermore, combining the way Carl Verhoyen style spring adjustment, i've got the best sweet spot for 6 screw tremolos.

')