Monitor Question

• Thread starter evilmnky204
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

evilmnky204

Reaction score
quick question guys. i got a pod hd 500 in order to replace my old amp (line 6 spider II, yeah, it's oooold), and to hook up to my computer easier. now, i'm using my computer speakers, which is a simple 2.1 set, not bad at all, but it's annoying since the subwoofer blasts bass to hell, so most of my clean channels i hear nothing but bass. i'm looking for alternative speakers, and i came across the idea of these: Buy M-Audio Studiophile BX5A Deluxe Limited Edition | Powered Monitors | Musician's Friend, into the XLR/balanced output inputs in the back of the pod. is this a good idea? i don't have a lot of money to spend at all on monitors, and i know nothing about them, so that's why i'm asking you guys. also, i'd rather not get a poweramp and run the pod like an effects pedal, cause i quite like the pod sounds, and getting the poweramp + cab sounds quite expensive.

is there any chance i'd be able to play it through the speaker in my line 6 spider 2? i don't see many ways to do so, but that's just me not wanting to spend more money on monitors, haha. if not, can anyone recommend good monitors that are not too expensive (250-300 price range at most)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MacTown09

Reaction score
Get them. They are very good monitors and these cool looking red ones are 100 bucks cheaper than the boring black ones and they are the EXACT SAME THING (excluding color).

Pedrojoca

Gear Whore
Reaction score
yeah, i'd go with too.

The only option you'd have was if you REALLY REALLY loved the sound of your pod and thaught it was worth getting an poweramp + cab.

Using the amp as monitor wouldn't work quite well, primarily because it is made to recieve guitar impedance and also it has the effects, you can't get the actual sound sent by the pod.

')