Monuments Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bhakan

Reaction score
Still the groovyest Monuments
Chris has done a fantastic job and the new album is great, but I will always love this lineup most. I would kill for recorded versions of doxa, empty vessels etc with Neema and Greg.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
I miss Greg and Neema so much. I just listened to that set again^ and it's incredible how percussive Neema's voice is. I'm looking for recommendations, who else sounds like that? Aside from Sikth I can't think of anyone.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I finally gave this album a spin and absolutely love it, much like everything before. Horcrux and Origin of Escape are probably my favorites myself.

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
Saw them last night. The drummer dicked up his hand so they had a substitute, who only had like 3 days to learn everything, resulting in a short set. But what they did play, they killed.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Seeing these guys soon. I have never heard of this band before but I heard they can destroy you live.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I've had The Amanuensis since it came out, but it took till yesterday for me to listen to it a 2nd time, which turned into a 3rd and 4th as well. Not sure why I wasn't all that into it upon first listen. I enjoy it just as much as Gnosis.

Top tracks for me at the moment are I, The Destroyer/Jinn/Quasimodo/Saga City/Horcrux.

The vocals are just ace.

Taylord

Reaction score
Supposed to see them on the 14th. They missed our date last tour due to a breakdown. Rudinger is the awesome, but I'm still bummed not to see the whole lineup.
That new play through is awesome too!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Where the hell does one find the lyrics for this album? If they come with the iTunes purchase, then they are not available on a phone. Nor are they on the internet. I have an ear for subtle things in the music, but I don't even remotely have a good ear for lyrics.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
For those who have been to a show, how much are they selling the new CD for?

isispelican

Reaction score
Where the hell does one find the lyrics for this album? If they come with the iTunes purchase, then they are not available on a phone. Nor are they on the internet. I have an ear for subtle things in the music, but I don't even remotely have a good ear for lyrics.

The have actually not been released which is quite a shame/dumb because the concept is awesome. I read that Chris plans on releasing a book with the whole story first and then the lyrics. They really should have included them with the cd though.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The have actually not been released which is quite a shame/dumb because the concept is awesome. I read that Chris plans on releasing a book with the whole story first and then the lyrics. They really should have included them with the cd though.

Well that's... interesting. And lame. Release a book, sure, it definitely sounds like a cool story (bro?), but yeah the lyrics should've been with the album.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Always wonder this about other metal fans. I usually pick up cleans/choruses but without reading them, most lyrics are just additional ...sounds to me.

anomynous

Reaction score
He's been in a bunch of the videos from this tour.

EDIT: Just saw his facebook. I wonder if his ID/passport was stolen?

Latest posts

')