Monuments Megathread

maximummetal288

Reaction score
On another note, Travis Richter's slamming this pretty hard on Facebook, a bit uncalled for I think.

I just read his post about the song. I love Browne's response: "There is zero editing on the guitars and bass". If Travis knew anything about Monuments he'd know that Browne and co. are some of the TIGHTEST players out there.

This + Periphery's new record + The Contortionist on 7/15 = one hell of a summer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zuzek

Reaction score
Sorry let me rephrase. Too clear production wise.

Fair enough, no need for sorry haha. I would agree with you, the rawness of prior recordings has seeped away a little bit. Still good though.

TDR

Reaction score
Have been waiting for this album for so long... Still have the EP I bought from Basick at the start of last year... that was a blank white cd with a number written on it in red permanent marker O_O

Pretty fuckin' glad that they're actually making more progress now and Doxa sounds siiick.

eastguitar

Reaction score
I have also waited for this album long time and I have been Doxa an excellent impression and feeling. What will bring the track Memoirs?? (my favorite song) or Admit Defeat??

This album is incredible ... Monuments is incredible!

Hallic

Got T.I.N.G?
Reaction score
The cleans are ok, and the grunts really do have its character. Not sure if its my thing or not. ofcourse his style of vocals have a way less intense load then the orginal vocals. I'm really interested to hear how the other tracks turn out.

but what i havn't read sofar is that nobody has any remarks on the opening vocal passage? I'm the only who got the feeling its just floating there and not grooving coherently with instruments?

I got a feeling this track doesn't really fit with this vocalist

Reaction score
The production is hideous on this. So bummed about that. Very sterile, over compressed and grating on the ears. Sad Face.

otisct20

Reaction score
I love it. Doxa never gets old for me, I even have a copy of the old instrumental version on my phone.

downburst82

Reaction score
Clean vocals sound great! I do like his singing voice alot...but the screaming parts just do nothing for me :/ and there are a few nagging things with the production, still pretty awesome overall...but not quite as good as I think it could have been. Still CANT WAIT FOR THE ALBUM!

RobZero

BWOOOOWWWW™
Reaction score
I like the song and the new singer but I hate this kind of production. The ridiculous compression on the drums almost gave me a headache

this.

after hearing the audition i was really worried about screams, but they sound good on doxa. I was surprised by the cleans, really, i wasn't expecting something like this. Can't wait to see them at euroblast!

Slops to the production, it's clean but really overly compressed, with the result of losing a lot of punch...

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
Loved the song, but all of you ^^ up there are right, very overcompressed and sterile feeling.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I really think this album should have out well before Periphery II. The djent bands are all stuck on the same sound and that album has blown them all away in term of production quality. The song is decent but the production really doesn't help make it more listenable.

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
The production is hideous on this. So bummed about that. Very sterile, over compressed and grating on the ears. Sad Face.

yeah, I thought this was some sort of a pre-pro version... then I saw it was CenturyMedia who uploaded it :(

It is really a great song though.... but NGA GOD DAMN after hearing how PII came out, my expectations for the production quality of HEAVY prog metal just went through the roof. Thanks a lot, Periphery! :lol:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Love the songs and songwriting, love the playing, love the singing. Can't stand the guitar tone and production :(
Will definitely be buying

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
these songs have been done for ages though. and Browne did the best with what he had. i love the new vocalist though his screams sound like Greg from DEP

Latest posts

')