Monuments Megathread

j0eyaces

Reaction score
I was at the Worcester show. Great set for everyone even though it was ice cold no heat in there... Holy Bass.. I don't know what Adams setup is but he smashed some patch and the bass was so full loud punchy it was unreal pounds your chest and I was behind the soundboard... Def sucked that Olly was out but shit happens they will be back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Simic

Reaction score

Absolutely love this song. Glad they made a playthrough :).

Wildebeest

Reaction score
I've probably listened to that version of Memoirs at least 500 times in my lifetime. So many cool parts and layers to that song.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I don't know if it was just me, but the bassist's tone in that Mesa Boogie demo had absolutely no balls to it, whatsoever.

Genome

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys saw but Mike's leaving the band!

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Sad to see Mike leave, his style was very natural and fitting for the material that Browne writes. I'm just glad I got my chance to see him perform with Monuments when they did their little headlining tour with Polyphia in the states.

Excited to see who his replacement is. Anup?! :)

Genome

Reaction score
I heard on the grapevine who the replacement is, but I won't say. :)

Kobalt

Reaction score
Anup is an absolute monster, everybody knows this.

But HOLY .... am I sad to see Mike go, he was BY FAR, my favorite drummer of the last few years. I'm seriously bummed out.

Sad to see Anup leave Skyharbor too, it's like this band won't be the same now with him and Dan gone. :(

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Oh, so it is Anup? Yay!

Seems like he should fit in personality-wise as well. I really hope this helps him achieve the level of success and recognition that he deserves. The guy is a monster drummer and he does it while wearing a hoodie! :)

After Aaron went all control-freak with intervals, and then Skyharbor dumped Anup seemingly immediately afterward, who could have blamed the guy for just saying he's had enough and just quitting touring and playing in bands. I'm really glad that's not the case!

It's also probably fair to post Mike's farewell video, which explains a bit. https://www.facebook.com/thisismonuments/videos/vb.304610696113/10152908075736114/?type=2&theater
It's always sad when a musician has to limit what they love so much because of health issues/pain. Kinda surprised we don't hear more about this sort of stuff especially given the level of musicianship required these days.
https://www.facebook.com/thisismonuments/videos/vb.304610696113/10152908075736114/?type=2&theater

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Man, his drum lines are a big part of what keeps me going back to a Monuments binge. I'm in a waiting room at the dentist so I can't watch his message atm..

')