Monuments

• Thread starter cregmachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cregmachine

Reaction score
seen these guys for the first time the other night in newcastle academy playing with the almighty periphery and tesseract, i have to say OH MY GOD i nearly shit myself when they came on they were so damn heavy, cant get enough of there 3 track ep cant wait for the album, anyone else think the same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I don't think Monuments have a megathread, so this may as well be it.

Yes, I love Monuments and friday will be the third time I will have seen them. Stoked for the album.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Anybody heard a Decent copy of DOXA yet ? All I've heard has been the live version an its almost not even audible it distorts an clips so much.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
its called we are the foundation its excellent

I know, after seeing this thread I looked it up, I don't know how I missed that :scratch:

Browne already sent me two of the songs way back when so the only song I hadn't heard was The Uncollective anyway :lol:

Reaction score
It was pretty epic. I was a bit deaf afterwards, I was stood right at the front. Shame the weather was so crap :/

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I believe the EP was made in a limited amount of copies and sold on their European tour. You can find most of the songs online though. The Uncollective was the only 'new' song that was on there. Those are the only three recorded songs available at the moment.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Haven't they basicaly finished recording now? Just mixing and whatnot?

cregmachine

Reaction score
It was pretty epic. I was a bit deaf afterwards, I was stood right at the front. Shame the weather was so crap :/

i was stood right at the side, met misha, nd all of monuments, what nice down to earth guys was talking to the drummer nd guitarist for ages, sayin i hadnt heard them till that gig and that i was blown away by them, the drummer went out bk came bk wit some sticks for me was cool

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
There is an old recording of Doxa floating around the interweb, but I think the proper album stuff has almost been finished now anyway.

Reaction score
we do when we can be arsed to put the effort in :p

I actually had to google the "I was stood" thing after seeing two of you in this thread say it. I guess it's a British thing to say "I was stood/sat..." instead of "I was standing/sitting..." ???

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
There are quite a few demos of old Monuments songs on YouTube, from Fellsilent days I think.

Reaction score
i was stood right at the side, met misha, nd all of monuments, what nice down to earth guys was talking to the drummer nd guitarist for ages, sayin i hadnt heard them till that gig and that i was blown away by them, the drummer went out bk came bk wit some sticks for me was cool

I wish I could have stayed but I had to rush off and get the train back home.

')