Moody & heavy new song (Pod GX, BKP Painkillers, Ibanez K7)

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Hello ss.org,

I just finished my latest song, so that's 4 total (or 2 really, considering the fact that the first 2 are place holders since I was very in-experienced with mixing, editing etc.).

In any case, this song is incredibly moody and very special to me. The little solo at the intro is something I probably couldn't record a 2nd time, it just took a certain state of mind to make.

I'm very happy with how it turned out, even though the switch from moody to heavy is just a little sudden (I quite like it that way).

Please please let me know what you think! All of your critique has helped me greatly in the past :)

SoundClick artist: JaeSwift's Abominations - Influenced by many things in life with a serious drive to create what's going on in my head. Always

The song I'm talking about is called ''18 Long Years'', and it's the first time that I recorded with my new BKP Painkiller calibrated set (much thanks to Omrat again!) and my new string gauge :shred:

Hope you all enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Slight bump for a re-upload, added a sort-of-bass (atleast the guitars sound a lot heavier now) and re-tweaked the drums cuz they were a bit too loud at times.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Cheers dude :)

I accidentally fucked up one of the riff's pan settings so I'm re-uploading the proper version as we speak. I took the kick drum down by 2.75 dB and the snare just a little as well.

I need new monitor headphones ;<_<

')