Mooer Ge300

• Thread starter Nhoj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sat on it too long. Helix Stomp is cheaper, their own Preamp Live already covers budget amp matching and this isn't much cheaper than the upcoming AFX pedal at $1000usd. Would've been great the middle to end of last year like it was forecasted but now, who gives a shit?

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
They probably have about 9 months before L6 or Fractal figures out they ganked their modeling code anyways.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
They probably have about 9 months before L6 or Fractal figures out they ganked their modeling code anyways.
Yup. At this point, after the shit they pulled on Electro-Harmonix, I don't plan to entertain their products anytime soon.

In light of this, my earlier post in this thread definitely hasn't aged well. :lol:

nangillala

Reaction score
I have tested it now... It's just not worth the money.
  • Modelling sounds outdated and kind of the same on most amps
  • Synth is nice but is not really dynamic
  • ToneCapture for guitars is a nice idea, but doesn't work that well and produces artifacts
  • My antivirus program moved the Mooer software as soon as it was unpacked. So no chance/wish to test external IRs
  • The 30 minutes Looper is a nice idea if you need it
  • The UI is nice and easy to understand
  • Brushed aluminium looks nice and the white lettering is cool when it is not so bright. But under brighter (/stage?) lights it's really hard to read the white.
  • No spillover even if it has multiple CPUs
It would be an interesting unit for maybe 400€....

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
So it sounds worse than the Preamp Live... I wonder if the individual pedals actually sound better or the same as the Preamp Live.

waffles

Reaction score
The reason why the GE200 was such a hit because it was easily the best amp modeler floorboard unit for metalheads in its price range and nothing could compete with it in that said range.

The GE300 sounds looks like it’s poorly priced and I have a feeling it’s not really much of an upgrade from the GE200 as far as amp modeling/3rd party IR capabilities are concerned. But let’s see once it gets a review from the likes of Ola Englund, etc.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
The 200 was a hit? I don't know a single actual person using one, and I think only 2 people on the forum have said they have one.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
The 200 was a hit? I don't know a single actual person using one, and I think only 2 people on the forum have said they have one.
I had one for a couple days and returned it because I couldn't get a non-flubby tone out of hardly any models without extreme eq or boosting before the amp, even with 3rd party IRs. Bought an eleven rack on sale for the same price and I love it.

BlueTrident

Reaction score
The recent update has improved the amp tones and effects on the GE200 but it does seem like it’s too little too late.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

It was and still is. Obviously people rocking 250€ modellers are not typical ss.org demographic, y'know.

I tried one briefly and was greatly surprised by how good it sounded with impulses for its price. I considered buying one for portability but the expression pedal was literally half my foot and couldn't even use it, lol.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Well, now that Mooer has officially released the thing, I can say that I've had a proto since NAMM. I've gone through a fair bit of iterations, although the firmware was mostly final at NAMM in terms of its core.

As it is, it's got a few hundred hours on it and I've done all the gigs after NAMM using this particular unit (unlike my early Preamp Live prototype, it's actually the final hardware), and I love it. The one objective issue with it that is still being worked on is the option to have FX spillover, which due to the way the coding is done can be a chore to add if it wasn't specced beforehand (which I find a bit of an oversight, to be honest). Reliability has been absolutely impeccable, it boots quite fast, responds very well to the touch when playing (which was always the make-or-break feature with any unit of this kind for me) and it sounds great. A sorely missing feature from many units in the market, namely global EQ's for the different outputs, is present here, which in turns helps me sort things out when it comes to adjusting to room acoustics and the like.

This thing has a ton of processing power, yet it is quite simple in its workings, which means that it will be great for people like me, who want to tailor a "rig" per patch and use whatever control options are required for its operation on the job, and probably will not be great for people who want multiple parallel chains, case by case IR outs and other examples of more advanced chain manipulation like you can do on the Axe FX or Helix.

Amp tweaking covers a lot of ground, as does the IR bit, and you can load your own impulses as is now common with this sort of kit. You have a bucketload of FX that, to my ears, sound very nice and cover every practical application I can think of, and you can use the looper quite easily (and I still suck at it anyway :lol:) without disrupting things and it's easy to navigate back and forth to do program or control changes.

All in all, it's a lot of unit, and the GE monicker can suggest the thing is more directed at a "budget" target like the GE200, but it is clearly a big step up from its tiny sibling, and so far it's treating me super well.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, now that Mooer has officially released the thing, I can say that I've had a proto since NAMM. I've gone through a fair bit of iterations, although the firmware was mostly final at NAMM in terms of its core.

As it is, it's got a few hundred hours on it and I've done all the gigs after NAMM using this particular unit (unlike my early Preamp Live prototype, it's actually the final hardware), and I love it. The one objective issue with it that is still being worked on is the option to have FX spillover, which due to the way the coding is done can be a chore to add if it wasn't specced beforehand (which I find a bit of an oversight, to be honest). Reliability has been absolutely impeccable, it boots quite fast, responds very well to the touch when playing (which was always the make-or-break feature with any unit of this kind for me) and it sounds great. A sorely missing feature from many units in the market, namely global EQ's for the different outputs, is present here, which in turns helps me sort things out when it comes to adjusting to room acoustics and the like.

This thing has a ton of processing power, yet it is quite simple in its workings, which means that it will be great for people like me, who want to tailor a "rig" per patch and use whatever control options are required for its operation on the job, and probably will not be great for people who want multiple parallel chains, case by case IR outs and other examples of more advanced chain manipulation like you can do on the Axe FX or Helix.

Amp tweaking covers a lot of ground, as does the IR bit, and you can load your own impulses as is now common with this sort of kit. You have a bucketload of FX that, to my ears, sound very nice and cover every practical application I can think of, and you can use the looper quite easily (and I still suck at it anyway :lol:) without disrupting things and it's easy to navigate back and forth to do program or control changes.

All in all, it's a lot of unit, and the GE monicker can suggest the thing is more directed at a "budget" target like the GE200, but it is clearly a big step up from its tiny sibling, and so far it's treating me super well.
Sound clips pleeeeeease?

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I'll do a proper vid of it, but it's been crazy with gigs this year, so the whole recording and editing process is longer than what I'd like, to be honest. Still, it's coming!

Metropolis

Reaction score
Every amp does sound EQ'd version of one amp, like serously they don't sound like individual amp models. It's a shame with that price tag. Or maybe it's just that cab model which makes everything sound more or less same.

Latest posts

')