More Korn (Munky Interview)

• Thread starter Laren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
Here it is

19 minutes long, i'm listening to it now, but i havn't got to the end yet, so i dunno what it's really about.

Was recorded in Amsterdam.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
His friend Rob is backstage playin' all the other guitar parts live? Why not give him a spot on stage? Hey, If Munky is writing songs for 2 guitarists and his friend Rob is doing the other guitar parts, why not have him as the other guitarist? :lol:

Oh well, cool interview. :yesway:

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
I think he said he was on stage, just far over on fieldys side.

He's friends with him, so i'm guessing the other guys know him alot too. They probably don't wanna upset any diehard fans.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
I think they said that they didn't feel ready to have another guy playing where Head would be after all the years of him being on stage.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
yea...the people interviewing him there are complete morons lol.

Nice find, but Munky (and I) were uneasy...the whole time (many things were redundant).

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
got msn? i'll send it, message me your msn or just post it, w/e

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Laren said:
I think he said he was on stage, just far over on fieldys side.

He's friends with him, so i'm guessing the other guys know him alot too. They probably don't wanna upset any diehard fans.

If diehard fans get upset because they have a guy that is playing the guitar parts actually onstage with the rest of the band, then they might want to get that nasty diaper rash checked.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You sure that was diaper rash? I thought maybe the guy with the 10-foot railroad pole missed on the first pass.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Although I'm not a big Korn fan (I like some of their songs), I thought that was a pretty interesting interview. After listening to it, I went and found the video for Twisted Transistor, so I could see what Munky was talking about.

Dark Tranquillity

Gothenburg Guitarist
Reaction score
I hate korn so much.....I think their commercial whores..... I have nothing positive to say about them. I contribute nothing to this topic. >_>

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Same. But i do wonder their reasoning on keeping the second guitar player off stage.. "We dont think fans are ready?" F That. that sounds like some sort of cop out.
Its like when the original guitar player left cryptopsy about 2 months before i saw them. I didnt care that he just left, i still wanted to see 2 guitar players. Then they got the guy from Martyr, Dan Mongrain, and it ruled so hard i had to buy the guy a beer.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dark Tranquillity said:
I hate korn so much.....I think their commercial whores..... I have nothing positive to say about them. I contribute nothing to this topic. >_>

Um, then why post in it?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Dark Tranquillity said:

You know? My mom always said "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Same. But i do wonder their reasoning on keeping the second guitar player off stage.. "We dont think fans are ready?" F That. that sounds like some sort of cop out.
Its like when the original guitar player left cryptopsy about 2 months before i saw them. I didnt care that he just left, i still wanted to see 2 guitar players. Then they got the guy from Martyr, Dan Mongrain, and it ruled so hard i had to buy the guy a beer.
I had a huge rant about this somewhere (maybe here?). Totally agree, HB'er. And I'm a HUGE Korn fan. They're one of my all-time favorites, right up there with Prince and Led Zeppelin. But keeping the guitar player off-stage? I even heard an interview with them in Detroit (WRIF, for Rog and the Detroit-area board members. I only live about 50 miles from Rock City. Any rate, I digress :lol: ) where Fieldy was talking about the guy off stage, and said how the guy tries to throw picks at the crowd now and then. But he said something to the effect of, "What the hell's he thinking? He don't belong on stage!" with real attitude. I thought, Fuck you Fieldy. What an asshole. If the guy plays the damn songs, let him on the damn stage, shit. "The fans aren't ready!" Yeah, they're not ready to usher in 1998 again, either, guys. Move on. The world has.

Sorry. This sort of thing just really gets me :mad:

')