More Pics

• Thread starter Strictly 7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Strictly 7

Reaction score
OK. This is one of our other models. I am not spamming, people have asked I post some pictures of our product, especially before they choose to enter (or not) our GUITAR WARS 2008 shredd contest.

Anyway, this is a more traditional strat shape, we call it the Baby Boa. It is African Mahogany with a faux finish, hardtail bridge, Sprezel Locking tuners, maple/maple with abalone dot inlays, also 25" scale length, obviously in-line 7 as opposed to Curran's 4 over 3.

This body is actually about 15% smaller than a regular strat body, we did this on purpose as my girlfriend plays 7-string guitar and the larger Ibanez and Schecter bodies I bought for her were too bulky for her smaller frame, so we developed this model. Our Boa version is regular "manly" size : )

Comments/criticisms

Thanks,
Jim
Strictly 7 - Guitar Wars

The website is still under construction as I am still finishing up our initial product line. I am hoping to have 25 guits done by the November 29th event to display. But feel free to go to the home page as there is a pic of one of our other V designs, done in Red Mahogany stain.

Attachments

• Faux Full Length.jpg
    Faux Full Length.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Faux Body.jpg
    Faux Body.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Faux Headstock Front.jpg
    Faux Headstock Front.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Faux Neck Joint.jpg
    Faux Neck Joint.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Faux Headstock Back.jpg
    Faux Headstock Back.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 34

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i dig the body, the finish, the neck heel, not feeling the headstock. its original, which is a plus, i'm just not feeling it... though maybe i'd be able to feel it more if i saw the guitar in playing position, i've noticed a lot of guitars look weird in standing position, but not in playing position.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I agree with the headstock comment. Everything else looks absolutely killer! I've become weirdly attracted to smaller bodies, and that design looks just right.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
That finish is awesome.

Strictly 7

Reaction score
I agree on the headstock, too. Originally I was really happy with it, but the more I see it in the shop, the less I like it. I have done a complete redesign on paper and am going to do a reverse in-line as well. I do not foresee this current headstock being on any future models other than what I have already completed (which is 12 necks).

I like Ibanez's headstock but I don't want to just copy it. I like KxK's headstocks, too, though and don't want to copy him either...that would be rude.

Reaction score
kinda like everything cept the joint

i is not a bolt on fan, other than that it's a win

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
what kind of finish is that? 'faux finish' is a pretty vague definition :)

Strictly 7

Reaction score
Well, faux is a slang term for "fake" finish, they can be made to look like flame maple finish or other types of more expensive finishes, but this finish is actually a combination of colors done as a glaze finish on regular wood sealer then clear coated. This is a one of a kind in the sense that it is not reproducible in the exact pattern you see.

Sorry I can't give you more of an explanation, but faux means fake. I will post some pics of some other glaze finishes we are doing right now. It is just something different to do instead of black, blue, stain, etc.

Jim

I am going to offer neck throughs after the first of the year. As a new luthier I wanted to cut my teeth on something a bit easier to construct, plus all my 6, 7, and 8-string basses are bolt on except one neck through.

Thank you for the input! I want to be able to offer as many options for people as I can, but I don't want to promise the world, then deliver crap. So for now, bolt ons. As I work on other prototypes I will bring them to market "so to speak":idea:

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I like it and IMO reversing the HS would do wonders for the overall look of the guitar :yesway:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Love the finish! :yesway:

Umm, yeah, and the headstock... well, you've heard that already! :lol:

I'm really interested in seeing a full-size boa... I dig the almost-strat-but-not-quite look!

Strictly 7

Reaction score
Funny these 2 points shouldbe mentioned...I am in the process of doint the neadstock in reverse format as we speak and I will have 3 full size Boas done by middle of next week! So I will post those when I get finished!

Thanks for the input!

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I like it a lot, i do agree with the headstock, but the way i look at headstocks is that if its curved and angular (such as Ibanez or Jackson) it will look great reversed (like its grinning or leering) or normal, as it curves nicely down. Then, on the flip side, the purely angular headstocks (ESP, to a certain extent your one here) look better just downward, as they tend to look too 'jutting' when reversed.

I dont know if that helps at all, just my piece, but i also definately think put up a couple of pictures of the guitar in laying in playing position

')