More Randall info...

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
shane said:
Big news was the Randall stuff that came out in part a few days ago. Doug Reynolds, the Randall guys will likely be familiar with him from the Randall forum, was over for the event and had some good stuff to share.
There will be a Kirk Hammett module amp based on the RM100s. Kirk first played one at the Black Sabbath tribute thing last year, without Randall knowing until thhey and everyone else saw it broadcast. They had previously sent him the RM100 and had heard back from his tech that he dug it, but little else. Everyone sends Hammett amps so he must have a ton of them! He chose to play it and following that appearance they got to working together.

The Hammett modules will be the KH-1, KH-2 and KH-3 and currently the face plates designed by Kirk have geometrical astrological types of designs on them and will tell a story across the three plates from 1 thru 3 when they're laoded in the amp. They will likely be good to go around early 08. They built him a stack in trans black flame like the KH-20! And they "may" do a limited edition like this for the public.
The KH-2 and KH-3 tones will also be replicated for a range of practive amp combos under the products they are going to release under the Kirk banner.

The Ninja V2 for Amott will be silver, box and head, cool! They recorded the latest release primarily with T2s and V2s we're told.

There will be a new Linkin Park module that has a graphic like the new album cover on it. And a new Phil Collen of Def Leppard one with a Union Jack on it.
More on the Randall Hammett and Ninja V2

Sounds good to me \m/ :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Randall will become the new Krank.

Except without the suck.

Actually, I've never played a Randall before.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Let's get in line right now to get one. :noplease:

D

Desecrated

That sucks, randall are actually nice amps, but nobody will go near them now with kirk hammets name all over them.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I disagree. Every 15yo Hammet wannabe, and Matt Heafy, will be playing one as soon as they come out.

Another post I wish I could rep. :rofl:

Mainly because of the "Matt Heafy" reference.

D

Desecrated

I disagree. Every 15yo Hammet wannabe, and Matt Heafy, will be playing one as soon as they come out.

Yeah your right, I have to rephrase myself;
"Nobody with some talent will go near them and the amps will be know as piece of shit cause does that use them can't dial in a good tone"

D

Desecrated

wonder if it will come with a vibrato unit so that you can get his wonderful vibrato also.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Probably the KH-2 since he uses that one the most...
wonder if it will come with a vibrator unit.
:ugh:

Cool thing about the MTS series is that you can use pretty much any power tubes you feel like :yesway:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, I'm a moderator on the MTS board and having owned several Randall MTS amps as well as the higher end dual-channel Egnater MOD50, the amp doesn't suck. Great tones, easily biased power amp section, swappable preamps and a universal voltage selector.... how many other companies do that? Bruce Egnater, FTW! :yesway: Some of the Randall modules flat-out suck, but a few of them are exceptionally amazing and apparently even the ones that suck (see Recto module... blahness.. :noway: ) can be modded by anyone who knows what they are doing with amp mods. One of the guys on the MTS forum is Steve Stevens' cousin and he said that Steve's amp tech modded his RM100 as well as his plexi modules and it sounds absolutely killer. Steve is not known for bad tone! :hbang:

The Egnater line is higher quality, however I heard that Bruce is now willing to mod Randall amps to accept his dual channel preamp modules and HIS modules are incredible! I owned the E-Rect, Twin, Vox, MHG (modern high gain) and the EG3/4 modules, each of which were fantastic. I would buy one again in a heartbeat if I had my own place, but for now I'm stuck with using a good solid state in an apartment. Who knows, some of the Randall Signature modules haven't sucked (see 1086 module and the Brahma module they had at NAMM, don't think it's "officially" out in stores yet) so maybe this could be a good thing, just as long as they don't model it after Kirk's actual tone.... :fawk:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is that everybody is worried about.

Right, that's what I was saying in my previous post.... just because it has that person's name on it does NOT mean it will sound like that. I owned one of the Mr. Scary modules and personally I didn't think it nailed that tone or even got close IMHO. However, they did a bangup job with the 1086 Dan Donegan module... dual voicings and gain levels... good stuff! :metal:

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how big the Randall line is going to explode now!! Kirk will defenitly bring in the buisness.....

I'm still surprised about the V2 Ninja being practically the same as the regular V2 just a different colour..... I thought Randal would've modded something to make it a bit different. :nuts:

The 1086 module is amazing!! Just 'cause it's got Disturbed's Dan Donegan name on it, really means nothing. It's defenitly the best module Randall made. Very flexible..... I loved it. Haven't tried the Brahma yet.

On a side note....... in the recent GW there's a gear talk with Linkin Park's Brad, and he mentioned there the possibilty of a sig mod for him. :wallbash: What the fuck? Maybe it's just me, but how is his tone significant?

')