More youtube footage of the Mark V at NAMM 09 (good quality and clear)

• Thread starter march
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

march

Reaction score
was looking for a demo of the Nuno Bettencourt signature amp, and there is some footage of the Mesa Mark V in there, around 02:30, lasts for a good 4 minutes, some guy goes through the 3 channels, tweaking along the way, with close ups;

hope it's not been posted before, if yes sorry, so here goes

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I think the Mark V sounds pretty damn sweet...
.. but i'm more intrigued by the Nuno signature amp.. very cool look!

Reaction score
Ever notice how when these industry folk "test" amps, all they do is wank on the upper registers? I mean, god forbid they give us an idea of how these things sound when playing some fucking metal. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hail Beefcake the Mighty @ 0:18! :lol: :metal:

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Tune your guitar jackass... damn (2:53).

That clean is pretty nice, I'll admit. That said, the Suhr amp sounded just as good.

Definitely more interested in the Nuno amp than anything. What a strange looking head. It looks like it probably weighs a ton, though.

dumbarse

Reaction score
Here's another Mark V video that's pretty informative:

Mesa Boogie Mark Five Amp Demo - PremierGuitar.com

There's so much going on with this amp that it's going to be really hard to get a good impression of how it sounds from video clips. I wasn't impressed with the above video's demo of the extreme mode but it's probably mostly because of the way they have the amp dialed in. I really liked the mark 1 sound at around 4:15 though.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm actually less impressed/interested in this then I was before all the videos came out. :shrug:

dumbarse

Reaction score
I'm actually less impressed/interested in this then I was before all the videos came out. :shrug:

Ditto. I'm starting to question my decision to pass up a pretty good deal on a Mark 3 Red Stripe to wait for the Mark 5, but I'll wait until hearing it in person before forming opinions on how it sounds. I'm pretty disappointed to hear that the extreme mode is just based on the Mark 4 with the presence control pushed in, hopefully there's really more to it then that.

newfinator

The LORD OF BYRON
Reaction score
I have to agree a that I'm a little less nuts about getting one then I expected to be. I love my Mark IV and would never replace it but, prior to seeing it, I thought I might like to add a Mark V for for something different.

It seems that, while the Mark V, is likely an improvement over the Mark IV, it doesn't really introduce anything new that hasn't been heard before in the Mark line. It's mostly a Mark greatest hits package which certainly isn't a bad thing just not new sonic territory.

It's not that I'm disappointed in it from what can be derived from you tube videos. I think they did a great thing but I spend 95% of my time on R3 and am one of the rare people that prefer the smoothness of the Mark IV over the edge of the IIC+ so I don't think I get much more from it then what I have in my Mark IV.

Having said all that, I expect I'll still get one someday I'm just not rushing to order one as of yet.

')