Mosh Pit horror stories

• Thread starter JoshuaVonFlash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TVasquez96

Reaction score
Not a mosh pit story, but my friend went to see this local band Forsaken, and he got not a chair, but a table thrown at him.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
I experienced pretty epic moments at the Hellfest 2013.

I was in the middle of the mosh pit during Finntroll which is not a good idea for a short guy like me when all the other guys are really giant trolls. Worst there were holes in the ground, I step in one and find myself surrounded by REALLY big guys, from my point of view it looked like they were 2 meters taller than me :lol:. Then comes the circle pit but it turned out not as expected because there was some kind of protection for the cables between the scene and the mixing platform. So someone stumbles upon it and it's the apocalypse. Everyone running fiercely begin to fall, you hear people screaming in pain with folk metal over it. Pretty brutal if you ask me :metal: but not enough for me atm apparently because I decided to do some crowdsurfing during Trollhammaren. Not a really good idea because everyone's going crazy. So I get up on the crowd, go on for 1-2 meters and then people drop my back but still hold my legs meaning that I fell down head first without being able to do anything. I didn't get hurt though.

During At the Gates I was against the barrier and it was pushing so hard behind I had problem to breathe. My ribs hurt like hell for a week after that.

Another quite impressive moment was during Gojira on a big scene in the open. They're french so people are going mental over them. First note, the civil war begins :scream:. One crowdsurfer every 10 seconds so you get kicked in the head all the time (btw I was on the front) and the constant movement... I don't know how to describe it but even though the pit at Finntroll was brutal, during Gojira you could feel that people got back to their primal form, it was intense.

To finish, a funnier one. During Asking Alexandria (yes a friend and me wanted to see them to do some crabcore and laugh) the Hellfest staff threw a big ball in the pit (which was the funniest I've ever seen, between the karateka and the break dancers :lol:), a guy jump on it, the ball rolls, bam he falls straight on his face.

I could talk for 3 days about the Hellfest, big festivals are so much fun :agreed:.

Reaction score
Was at this intense YellowCard show and we got into this huge mosh pit and some guy fell down. Luckily the band made everyone stop to help him up.

Decapitated666

Black Metal
Reaction score
Saw Watain and Behemoth (with The Devil's Blood and In Solitude) around a year and a half ago. Watain was 20 seconds into their set and a guy walked out of the pit, obviously pummeled senseless and bleeding all over his face. It was apparent that he had a large scar on his eyebrow and a nose gushing blood. With my luck, the guy practically collapsed on me and I had to carry him over to the rail to hand him off to a security guard. By the end of that ordeal I was basically covered in blood. I walked out near the merch stands to try and find a way to wash my shirt off a bit. Kindly, the merch person for In Solitude threw me a free shirt after telling them the story about what happened.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
I got kicked in the head a LOT by some semi naked steel toe cap wearing douche surfing at Arch Enemy at download in 2004, I was getting dazed and hitting him back. The final straw was when he kicked a girl infront of me. A group grabbed him held him an pounded him before throwing him to security. He was a bit of a mess afterwards

slayer was epic as always blood and bones damaged, I bailed out and chilled on the hillside beside the tent

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
And I got my arm and face burnt by a cigarette in the Linkin Park pit (yes!) until my new found 6'3" Hungarian festival friend sorted him out

Itchyman

Reaction score
Broke 2 ribs at a slayer concert a few years ago.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
There was this decapitated show where a dude came at my mouth with the back of his head like 3 billion miles per nanosecond.I didn't lose any tooth,hurted like hell,lost like 2 cups of blood.Took my lip 8-9 days to heal.

Turns out,a dude pushed another dude and the other dude tripped over something.

Also at a Sepultura concert I fell into pasta vomit,not nice.

Latest posts

')