Mosh pits

Rusty_cooley702

Reaction score
hwta are the best most pits you guys have been in just wondering???

sry if there is already a thread ont his

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
My most memorable ones are all mudvayne concerts. The first one I was at the back and as soon as they started playing I probably didn't touch the ground for the duration of the set. Another one I was at the very front and ended up with blood pouring out of my nose and had to walk through everyone to the back where the washroom was (it was a long messy walk). The last one, they played a sort of private show up here in toronto and there was maybe a couple hundred people in this really small venue. My band mate was up on stage and crowd surfing and I was hanging off Chad at the front. Then the guitarist throws his ski mask into the crowd and me and this other guy grab it and hit the floor......suffice to say, I came out with no ski mask and a huge bleed over my left eye...I don't know what happened but it was a great show!

Rusty_cooley702

Reaction score
Mines was at escape the fate
i thought it was gonna be a bunch of emo-puss kids but the ones i got in were full of metal heads and some strong motherfuckers i got knocked to the ground constantly and my friend got kicked in the face i got puched uint he chest and couldnt breath and the next day i had these gigantic bruises

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmm, I've never really been in a pit before. The pit at Gigantour was insane, but my mates and I were underage at the time so we were up in the stands which was the underage area for the gig. The only gig I've been at the front of was Be'lakor, but there wasn't really a pit, just a bunch of windmilling metalheads.

I'm going to see Marduk next month, there's bound to be some action there. :metal:

Loserchief

Rokuban Taicho
Reaction score
Napalm Death !!!
When i saw the last time the pit was the most insane thing i've ever been in. i came out with a bleeding lip and lots of blood on my face that wasn't mine.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Metallica Master of Puppets tour
Ministry - Lalapalooza
Tool - Undertow tour
Ministry / Helmet - Psalm 69 tour
Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual tour
Faith No More - Angeldust tour
Soundgarden Badmotorfinger tour
Megadeth - whole bunch of tours
Meshuggah / Strapping Young Lad - Nothing Tour
Meshuggah - Catch 33 tour

those have been my favorites

oh, and I must say, although there wasn't much actual moshing, Apocalyptica put on one of the most kick-ass shows I've ever seen! And we were standing about 6 feet away from them, and I had no idea 4 cellos could be so intensely metal :metal:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
some of the better mosh pits i been in are...

Slipknot
Korns
Stone sours
Tools
System of a down
and disturbed

Most of the others are just stupid hardcore kids carrying on like fucksticks so they ain't worth mentioning lol

Mars Volta

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to see Meshuggah/Dillenger Escape Plan in November, it'll probably be that :)

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Anthrax supporting Motorhead.

Punks with spiked wristbands and chains and fisty metal heads. I got hurt bad and was exhausted. But that's the most memorable. Testament was pretty intense too

Reaction score
Slayer x2 - pure brutality.
Sikth - bit all the way through my lip, that was fun. And a wall of death (y)
Turisas - wouldn't call them pits so much as... folk dancing! xD
Ill Nino - not really into the band but the pits were fair good.
Lamb of God x2 - yeah.. walls of death ftw.

And yeah... millions of local gigs actually have quite decent pits. Some the venues seem full of hardcore fags though, which is annoying.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Billy Talent in a tiny club
Muse in a small-ish club
Opeth in the same club I saw Muse at
Korn, in a parking lot after opening acts Three Days Grace, American Hi-Fi and Simple Plan...the crowd was pissed off :lol:

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
See You Next Tuesday, All Shall Perish, Depised Icon, Through the Eyes of the Dead, and The Red Chord.

I got an elbow to the throat during Depised Icon's set and the mosh for ASP's "There is no business to be done on a dead planet" was insane.

Some of the better pit's I've been in, though, were just at local shows. I've gottan punched in the face and trampled at small shows like that.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
hatebreed...because people wanted to get hurt so they could leave and not listen to the same riff for another 45 minutes :fawk:

Machine Head/Devildriver at download this year were both impressive...soulfly at 04 was insane...every time I've seen slipknot (which is a few, for saying I'm not a fan)

Slayer x2 - pure brutality.
Sikth - bit all the way through my lip, that was fun. And a wall of death (y)
Turisas - wouldn't call them pits so much as... folk dancing! xD
Ill Nino - not really into the band but the pits were fair good.
Lamb of God x2 - yeah.. walls of death ftw.

And yeah... millions of local gigs actually have quite decent pits. Some the venues seem full of hardcore fags though, which is annoying.

Turisas, at Download, were you on the left of the stage, near the front...near 2 6ft ginger guys and a couple of guys in woad paint...

I swear to Oden I was talking to someone who looked like your avatar inbetween dances

Latest posts

')