Most Anticipated 2014 Releases?

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghost2II2

Reaction score
Since there will be nothing from Porcupine Tree because Wilson still has his head up his ass with his solo trip, and I have no expectations for anything from Tool before 2030, unless something unexpected drops that really wows me, then I anticipate absolutely nothing for 2014

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
We'll have one for sure. I just finished up writing the final track on the album not too long ago. We're hoping to start the recording process soon!

I realize now my question marks are probably seen like that haha. They were just for unknown titles. But thanks for the confirmation man! You guys should get a US tour with Raunchy set up.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to the Periphery EP and the Cynic LP... didn't know AAL had one coming, very exciting! Looking forward to hearing a recording with Garska!

Doubt BTBAM will have one out in 2014, they'll be on tour again in Feb/March. I suppose they could work during the summer and crank one out for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Haven't seen anything else I'm drooling over, but it's not 2014 yet ;)

jsl2h90

Reaction score
AAL, Contortionist, Cynic (kinda), Aspid, Toxik, Tool, Conquering Dystopia, Blotted Science, David Maxim Micic, Monopascal.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Destiny Potato's debut, which is caught in mastering limbo atm...
Also, a new Divine Heresy wouldn't be unthinkable.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Bilo 4.0
Bilo 4.0
Bilo 4.0
Bilo 4.0
Bilo 4.0
Skyharbor
whatever Sithu does
Periphery

+Bilo 4.0 :D

Also, would be pretty cool if I could get anything released myself. I was supposed to do a small EP this summer but that kinda failed. :ugh:

celticelk

Reaction score
New Tool would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. My realistic most-hoped-for release is something new from Samothrace, followed by new Baroness (even just an EP) and a new studio record from Nik Bärtsch's Ronin. And whatever Bill Frisell feels like releasing in 2014.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
Is Insomnium cominng out with a new full-length? Because I was major disappoint with Ephemeral. It's an EP, that shit doesn't count.

i saw them live last september (best day of my life). i hadn't heard Ephemeral before, but i found out they had a new single out the day of the concert. i made sure NOT to hear it so that i could hear it first there. it frecking blew my mind ! the keyboard melody in the intro was played on the distorted guitars, which added a very desireable dissonance. yeah, no, Ephemeral was not a disappointment to me. :hbang:

and yes, they're right now recording or mastering their upcoming album. more Insomnium is more wInsomnium.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Destiny Potato's debut, which is caught in mastering limbo atm....

I thought it had been mastered and passed to Century Media about 8 months ago? Figured it was being dicked about by legal/licensing guff rather than the musical side.

Can't believe I'd forgotten about Insomnium as well. Keen to hear where that goes, especially after the somewhat lacklustre One For Sorrow (that guitar tone was balls :nope: )

')