Most Brutal Band on Earth

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Most Brutal Band ever.

• Origin

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • Origin

Votes: 88 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Opeth are pretty brutal... especially when they come out of their quiet interludes into the heaviest death metal passage ever ("Heir Apparent").

Bloodbath as well.

(bit of a Mikael Akerfeldt junkie here :L)

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Gorguts is pretty fucking Brutal. You'll be hard pressed to find something more crushing than "From Wisdom to Hate" :metal:

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Strapping Young Lad, no one else can blend melody, good tunes and heavy tones and still sound like the heaviest thing ever and don't need to growl :hbang:

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
couldnt agree with you more :agreed:

Nick

Reaction score
while SLY are good and heavy i wouldnt term them 'brutal'

Aborted's Goremageddon album, THATS brutal

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I'm not sure that either of these bands are the most brutal per se, but they still deserve to be mentioned IMO:

Nasum:

Granted, as Grind bands go, these swedish legends aren't the fastest or most detuned or guttural, but they really just do it for me. There is a really tangible sense of urgency and sincerity in the music, and that's what makes it so cool to me. The songwriting on "Shift" and "Helvete" is really dynamic and well thought out, and the vocals, while not very varied, sound so freakin' pissed off and straight from the gut.

Mieszko Talarczyk's vocals were by no means advanced or "brutal" per se, but you can really tell that this guy means every fucking word, since he's just screaming with every fiber of his being. Add to that the awesome riffs, and you have some good shit on your hands.

Also, there's good old Pig Destroyer. Scott Hull is just a freaking monster on guitar, he doesn't even NEED a bass player. Again, the songwriting and vocals are what makes it great for me. An album like "Terrifyer" just works so well as an album, and I absolutely love the vocals. While Mieszko is an angry young man with a cause, this guy just sounds like his entire existence is unraveled, and he is completely at the end of his tether. The sense of desperation and frustrated, pent-up rage really just grabs me by the throat from first listen. Love this band!

Also, I've recently gotten into a band called Watchmaker, and their "Erased From The Memory of Man". Holy fuck!
They really erase any doubt as to where Grindcore originated from. It is pretty much the most uncomprosingly pissed-off, brutal, ugly and chaotic mix of Crust-Punk, Black Metal riffs and sheer noise and Grind. Their vocalist also sounds like he's about the puke out his lungs any minute. No technical, guttural growls or piggy-vox here, no sir-ee... Just completely uninhibited, blind fury and utter, utter disgust with.. well, everything. He's just screaming his head off. Fantastic!

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
While Mieszko is an angry young man with a cause, this guy just sounds like his entire existence is unraveled, and he is completely at the end of his tether. The sense of desperation and frustrated, pent-up rage really just grabs me by the throat from first listen.

20 seconds in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')