Most Brutal Band on Earth

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Most Brutal Band ever.

• Origin

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • Origin

Votes: 88 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manbient

blaspheeeeeemer
Reaction score
I can't believe it took 9 pages before someone mentioned Napalm Death. Those guys were brutal back when being brutal was new and unusual.

Rock on! :hbang:

Napalm Death was NOTHING in terms of sheer heaviness and brutality compared to early Swans. Swans were like this gigantic, slow, churning hate machine. This was filmed before ND had a demo out. 1986.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Napalm Death was NOTHING in terms of sheer heaviness and brutality compared to early Swans. Swans were like this gigantic, slow, churning hate machine. This was filmed before ND had a demo out. 1986.

That, was fucking terrible. :ugh:

Manbient

blaspheeeeeemer
Reaction score
That, was fucking terrible. :ugh:

You have no idea how much the modern metal scene owes to Swans. No swans, no neurosis, no isis, no cult of luna, and no sludge. Like all boundary stretching bands, of course nearly everybody will hate it. It's not really music for metal fans anyway, because it's not about how well the instruments are played, just about being crushed under heavy emotional weight.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly cannot stand Swaaannnzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I am a big fan of Godflesh, I know all about the "no Swans, no nothing" argument, I still can't be bothered with them. Boring.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
You have no idea how much the modern metal scene owes to Swans. No swans, no neurosis, no isis, no cult of luna, and no sludge. Like all boundary stretching bands, of course nearly everybody will hate it. It's not really music for metal fans anyway, because it's not about how well the instruments are played, just about being crushed under heavy emotional weight.

Yeah, I get that :lol:. I just don't like that style of music. I can definitely see how they're innovators to heaviness in general, particularly with the atmosphere at least, but I couldn't listen to it in a million years.

Manbient

blaspheeeeeemer
Reaction score
I honestly cannot stand Swaaannnzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I am a big fan of Godflesh, I know all about the "no Swans, no nothing" argument, I still can't be bothered with them. Boring.

you make baby jesus cry :(

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah, same. To me, honestly, Justin Broadrick is synonymous with early Grind/sludge/heaviness. I mean honestly, a founder of Napalm Death, founder of Godflesh, and now jesu... seriously, everything the man touches turns to extreme gold...

Maybe he'd be interested in joining my band... :spock:... :D

halo56

Reaction score
im suprised that Suffocation was not the hands down winner here. Seeing as they pretty much are the measuring stick for the the brutal death metal genre.

BurialWithin

NAM SAND!!
Reaction score
Ok i'm just throwing 5 out there in no particular order

1.ORIGIN
2.SEVERED

WOOPS ... LOL
2. SEVERED SAVIOUR
3.NECROPHAGIST
4.ODIOUS MORTEM
5.ABYSSMAL DAWN

Burial Within is pretty brutal lol

Manbient

blaspheeeeeemer
Reaction score
??

I'm just going to go "not a lot" To the frist statement based on what you're saying here.

why's that? I don't think i am being contradictory. Swans aren't the kind of music most metalheads would like, but their influence extends pretty far into modern metal (ie the sludgey, post-metal kinds of bands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')