Most comfortable bodyshape?????

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brett89

Reaction score
I'm just curious about your experience with different shapes, what's confortable for you... when you play on foot... And please if you can tell me why do you think its confortable you know, becouse its back is flat or the top is carved or the upper horn is longer or the body is big or wide....

Thanks in advance!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

musicboyy

Reaction score
Now that I have my S7420, I feel that is the most comfortable shape I've ever played. However, I think the RG and Carvin body shapes are also very comfortable.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Carvin guitars with the Rounded Body option (think it's stock on the 7 string guitars, not on the 6's though). They just hug your body! Also, other than the top horn, Parker guitars are SUPER comfy! :metal:

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
my experience with differen body-shapes is kinda limited, but I can say that much:

my RG feels quite comfortable but there is that one thing that I hate about superstrats when playing them standing up: you always have to push them forward or bend your body awkwardly to be able and play on the high-end of the neck :(

my warlock is quite comfortable, too. playing high up on the neck is easier here as that body-shape puts the neck further to the left. this also makes the axe slightly neck-heavy though

I really have a thing for V-shaped guitars, I just love them! and if done right they combine easy access to the high frets with being balanced

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
I'd have to go with mine: lean, mean and cuddly at the same time...

Cheers

Eske

P.s.: as far as guitar shapes go, I'm into all Strat-derived shapes, with the S clocking in as my favourite.

Loserchief

Rokuban Taicho
Reaction score
Stealth/ Warrior shapes are pretty much the most comfortable to me.
No horns that stab you, perfect high-fret access, perfectly balanced, and at the right strap height they just hug your body.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ESP Viper/Forest (both have a beveled front and back at the top)

Flying Vs with beveled edges.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Easiest question ever posed. Parker Fly. Ibanez S7420FM or any saber really would come next.

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score
I would say super strats in general are comfortable, I recently played an ESP Alexi Laiho sig and it felt surprisingly awesome.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Jackson Kelly

altho i'd love to try a warrior/bc rich stealth

Come on you know that's not true. Jackson Kellys are reknowned for not being balanced, I owned a USA Marty Friedman sig which I loved, but come on dude :lol: As an Ibanez RG owner you must just be kidding around.

If I'm wrong and you really do feel that way, I apologize, but damn... ;)

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Come on you know that's not true. Jackson Kellys are reknowned for not being balanced, I owned a USA Marty Friedman sig which I loved, but come on dude :lol: As an Ibanez RG owner you must just be kidding around.

If I'm wrong and you really do feel that way, I apologize, but damn... ;)

Nevermind that the horn is about as constricting as humanly possible. ;)

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I absolutely love the way an RG feels.

')