Most comfortable bodyshape?????

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez RG and S. The RG gets the edge sitting down, as it has a wider edge base, but the S series has nothing that jabs or pokes you (whereas the RG's upper horn, near the back comfort curve, can poke a bit in the classical position.)

Basically, I love most Strat and superstrat shapes. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
I like the bodies on carvins...rounded but not quite as thin as the S series

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
My Carvin is definitely the most comfy to play

Next would be my ESP viper, then the RG/UV body. Never played a 7string S, but my old 540S (6er) was pretty nice.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Come on you know that's not true. Jackson Kellys are reknowned for not being balanced, I owned a USA Marty Friedman sig which I loved, but come on dude :lol: As an Ibanez RG owner you must just be kidding around.

If I'm wrong and you really do feel that way, I apologize, but damn... ;)

Im dead serious. lol.. I do agree with the bottom wing being restrictive, thats the only issue I really have with it.. and its more about I can't reach the 24th fret easily enough with it, and it looks kinda weird.. lol Other than that, I love the shape, So if I decide to go with that shape for my custom, I would do like Canuck Brian did and fix the wing, and it should be perfect

The balance is easily taken care of on boltons, just put the strapbutton on the bolts, and it balances well.. For neckthru kelly's, well I only seen one in a store, so never really tried it with a strap, but there IS a position where if you put the strap in, it will balance itself perfect.. you just might have to reposition the strapbutton from factory default

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez XV. if it had another string, and better upper-fret access, it'd be perfect.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Ibanez S series. Both sides of the body are carved as it just hugs itself into you.

I'm gasing for one!

They look so comfortable, with that carve, i think that you didn't feel the guitar with your arm, because it's so thin that you think that it's your body (yeah, sick, but i think that).

Next time when i go to ibanez shop i will play one.

IMO, the guitars that i tryied, the RG and the les paul are comfortable, but the les paul sometimes it's very heavy, and you need a thick strap.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
+1 to the Ibanez S and to any V shape.
my own body design is based on a sleeker version of the Kubicki Factor bases - a vaguely strat-shaped body with no lower horn at all for complete fret access.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
As a Jackson DXMG six player (saving for J custom/waiting to see what happens this NAMM) i would say that the Jackson Dinky/Soloist, Warrior, and Kelley shapes are absolutely fine to play with... however, fret access is limited (Dinky most of all, Warrior lease) because of the cutaway. Of course here Ibanez reigns supreme on their RG derived shapes.
Next in line would be ESP F series, then the Warlock

im curious how an ironbird would feel.

PS- my experience so far with these specific guitars is six-based
however a cutaway too small on a six is way too small on a seven.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The two most comfortable body shapes for me would probably be the RG series by Ibanez and the Les Paul "series" by Gibson (both guitars I own, so there may be some prejudice there).

The most uncomfortable body shape I can think of is the V. My band's bass player has two Jackson V's and they are so hard to play sitting down. They keep sliding down my leg. I guess they are really only designed to be played standing up...

Wiggywiggler

ss.org erroneous
Reaction score
Something like this
Mod edit: Please do not post pics like that again.

Ouch. :lol:
Anyways, let's put something useful here.. I'm comfy with most strat like-shapes, but feel most at home with RGs.. My fault for having them around for years, I suppose.
:agreed:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
teenar.jpg

:lol:

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
yesterday I was playing some exercises on my 7620 and when I got high up on the neck suddenly (for the first time actually) I noticed the lower horn getting in the way of my fretting hand:scratch: well, I'm looking forward to my custom V even more now:idea:

Sebastian

Reaction score
Dinky "strat" type body... The dinky has a good shape...

King V... its good to play on foot.. but sitting... ah NO!

')