Most enjoyable riffs to play

• Thread starter tpl2000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

0rimus

Reaction score
Every Tool song? The fingerings of those songs just feel good to play, and the time signatures ooze mojo

Absolutely nothing on the face of the earth is more fun than playing slap bass though. Even if it's just one or two notes over and over. That shit is worse than heroin.

That's why I play a 28.625" scale guitar. Not for the djents, but so I can play baritone slap bass in a pinch.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
fun is fun dude, regardless of how tricky it is. I jam redneck and ghostwalking all the time.

This, if I said I don’t jam “Iron Man” “Crazy Train” and “Beautiful People” every time I pick up a guitar my pants would be aflame.

That’s like 1.5 riffs across 3 songs, lol.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
changes all the time, at the moment trying to get scarified by racer x sort of on speed... can not play it, but super fun :)

Also some riffs from the Czar for Mastodon are super fun to play!
Marty friedman megadeth solo's... can not play it but fun to try :)

After the burial riffs are also good fun :)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Adding to my previous mentions, Powerslave's title-track is a great one to practice on bass, and I love laying down some Coheed lines, particular the stuff of In Keeping Secrets... like Velorium Camper III: Al the Killer, or the title-track as well; only one on that album that gets a bit dicey is the main riff of Cuts Marked in the March of Men, when as its 3-up on one-string, then 2-down on the string below, so the pattern is a bit weird to get into.

')