Most evil progression of all time

• Thread starter guitarplayerone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nidolf

Reaction score
Yep.
EDIT: If you mean e-flat.
EDIT2: Or not, I should sleep.

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually had to go over to my piano and play it before I figured out what it was.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very, very evil sounding. I'm surprised so many of you didn't know what it was considering when you hover over the thread title it tells you the image link is "imperialmarchsnippetGminor.jpg". Still, I can read music too, so I worled it out too.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Yeah, i still think Gustav Holst's "Mars: Bringer Of War" Is eviler. (Its a word. I decree it!).

Here's a midi:
http://www.aquarianage.org/lore/files/mars.mid

You might recognize it as the thing that Diamond took for "Am i Evil?"

:eek: It's Diamondhead's "Am I Evil?"

(Of course, "Am I Evil?"'s main riff has this kind of thrashy type feel to it. I guess they just borrowed the intro).

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
:eek: It's Diamondhead's "Am I Evil?"

(Of course, "Am I Evil?"'s main riff has this kind of thrashy type feel to it. I guess they just borrowed the intro).

i left out a word, big deal . i just woke up not too long ago ;p

I got the album on my ipod, i know whats up :lol:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, i still think Gustav Holst's "Mars: Bringer Of War" Is eviler. (Its a word. I decree it!).

Here's a midi:
http://www.aquarianage.org/lore/files/mars.mid

You might recognize it as the thing that DiamondHead took for "Am i Evil?"

Now you mention it, yes. "Mars" is another very evil sounding piece of music. How about Mussorgsky's "Night on the Bare Mountain" for an evil intro?

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
if you guys want to hear some really evil sounding shit, check out The Isle of the Dead, by Rachmaninoff. there's some fairly evil-sounding Shostakovich, too.....and who can forget about Orff's Carmina Burana?

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
i can read bass cleff w/o a problem (played trombone 3 years before quitting band) but i cant do through a part in the treble clef without taking half an hour(esp when applying it to guitar) since everything is off (as compared to bass clef) by a major 3rd

BTW i knew what the song was without playing it or seeing what poeple posted

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm taking classes on this stuff. I'm proud of myself for recognizing it without having to play it.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
i dunno if any of you guys noticed this, but if you hold the mouse over the thread before clicking it, it gives you the beginning of the first post, and in this case, it gave the url for the pic, which included "imperial march" in it....

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
i dunno if any of you guys noticed this, but if you hold the mouse over the thread before clicking it, it gives you the beginning of the first post, and in this case, it gave the url for the pic, which included "imperial march" in it....

On page 3:

Very, very evil sounding. I'm surprised so many of you didn't know what it was considering when you hover over the thread title it tells you the image link is "imperialmarchsnippetGminor.jpg". Still, I can read music too, so I worled it out too.

')