Most evil sounding bands

• Thread starter Berserker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
A lot of modern "br00tal" music, including 99% of modern death metal just doesn't have that sort of shambling, ramshackle vibe that the old bands had. Morbid Angel are for instance super fuckin' evil sounding on "Covenant" because they are focused on actual atmospheric songwriting instead of just being brutal, like so many bands are these days.

Very well said. Atmosphere has been totally abandoned nowadays, save for a few bands, and it totally kills the music. Unless I want to have nightmares about being hunted-down and eaten by a horde of brick-wall studio compressors or Pro Tools plugins, over-produced crap does little to nothing for me.

If the content of the music is supposed to be sinister or menacing, the production needs to match. Kind of an aural "mise en scene" so to speak.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
100% agreed, the production on I, Monarch was much better.

Tombeau is a fucking rediculously cool song though.

- On a completely different note:

I don't mean to be a douche but, I really just don't see how you could find Deathcore evil.

The intro to Vital Remains' 'Dawn of The Apocalypse' is the most evil piece of music on my itunes.

We are in essence saying the same thing, but you're getting me all wrong. My definition of "evil" music is the atmosphere of the music itself. It has nothing to do with the guys playing it and their behaviour outside the music. It is their performance I am talking about.
For instance, the guys in Portal are probably super-nice, regular dudes, but the music itself, on record, sounds like it was played by a group of complete lunatics. That's what I'm getting at.

A lot of modern "br00tal" music, including 99% of modern death metal just doesn't have that sort of shambling, ramshackle vibe that the old bands had. Morbid Angel are for instance super fuckin' evil sounding on "Covenant" because they are focused on actual atmospheric songwriting instead of just being brutal, like so many bands are these days.

Also, as much as I love Hate Eternal (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Hate Eternal), I won't go so far as to call their music evil, since it's not spooky and "wrong"-sounding enough.

tl;dr:

Y'alls be mistaking "Aggressive" for "Evil".

Hate Eternal start out with fairly 'epic' sounding songs both lyrically and musicallly [with a little bit of anger in the mix]. Nowadays they're just all aggression and anger (which isn't a bad thing). I think their old stuff had a bit of evil to it with songs like 'Dethroned' and 'Nailed To Obscurity'.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
I'd say Black Dahlia Murder have an "evil" sound, but they are as far from "evil" people as you could imagine. Cannibal Corpse have an "evil" sound and their albums are dripping with atmosphere, but watch videos of them in the studio, they are all nice guys. They even admit that their music is "horror movie" stuff, it's all put on to create an end effect.

I'm sure the members of Cannibal Corpse don't go out skinning and dismembering women, just as I'm sure Trey Azagthoth doesn't sacrifice virgins to Satan. Come to think of it, Trey, one the main men behind the band I would vote for "most evil sound ever" is a massive gamer. That's right, when he is not worshipping the dark lord he is pwning ass online, apparently he loves counterstrike and spent a lot of time playing Quake back in the day. Evil as fuck!
you know Trey sounds alot like me in real life. Ironically my name is also Trey(just not as good). I don't really see that much straightforward satanism in MA after Alters. 98% of their stuff talks about Lovecraft and philosophy.

btw George Fisher is a huge gamer as well and I can't get too stop laughing about this pic
lscv3qalcou9q3ls.jpg

Latest posts

')