Most evil sounding bands

• Thread starter Berserker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groph

Reaction score
this is generally unnerving

EDIT: and for something kind of the opposite of this thread, here's an awesome instrumental from Rotting Christ's album "Sanctus Diavolos"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDDb-9qvzH0

It sounds heavenly, which is odd coming from a black/death metal band. Rotting Christ are also crushingly evil sounding.

And that Stalaggh "song" was ridiculous, it sounded like someone dropped a microphone into Hell. I guess that's what they were going for, that is absolute pandemonium.

SCOTT HULL EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vpR2H0xlGk I have no idea what this is, but Scott Hull made it.

Richie666

Reaction score
Ulcerate makes some pretty evil, fucked up death metal

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I'm back with my patented wall of videos, expect some noise, some buzzing, the occasional drone and lots and lots of screaming.:

People throw the word genius around alot, i think it fits the music of Scott Walker.

Not particularly evil, but has a ritual-like atmosphere about it.

When Stalaggh finished their Stalag Global Holocaust trilogy (Projekts Terror, Nihil and Misanthropia, they changed their name to Guglaggh.:

Black Bile a band from Cyprus. Whether they are still around or not i have no idea.

I've posted this video a few times before, the vocals are amazing (to me), for a one man band there is alot of rage to be found here.

The axis of perdition, pretty well known Industrial Black Metal band, a new album is due in april.

Mexican Experimental Black Metal

Fairly Standard black metal, with absolutely throat rending screaming.

A now defunct ambient project with a whale related name. There are no whales to be found here.

An otherworldly synthesis of black metal and noise with witch like vocals.

Black Metal from the netherlands, this is their more agressive side, they switch between high speed atonal black metal and industrial tinged doom metal.

Scanner - 52 Spaces.

Obscure ambient project with a memorable atmosphere.

Ditto.

I also know of many "evil" sounding orchestral/choral works... for example

but I'm sure this will have already killed a few peoples connections, so PM me for those reccomendations.

datalore

awkward soul
Reaction score
Probably the most evil song I can think of, in a really creepy way. The atmosphere is just amazingly evil, especially when the heaviness kicks in at 1:23

edit: the lyrics:

Every time I think of pushing you down the stairs
I lick my lips
But don't be upset, its the only way I know how
To show you that I really care
I lie to you every chance I get
And I make it just close enough to the truth
That you go for it every time
But dont misunderstand
I leave fingerprints outside your window
In the shapes of positive messages
Ive got a present for you
Its made from pieces of my skin
Trailing slices of pale light
Thread and needle closing in

Forgot about this one. Fuck.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a huge Meshuggah fan, not really a fan of the djent style, but nothing I've heard from them really made me think "Wow, that's dark sounding". I have the new album and like a few tunes on it, but that's mostly groovy catchy stuff for when I'm in a poppy mood :lol:

I am a big fan of Meshuggah and I tend to agree, their music could be described as the sound of a stark, cerebral, angular future... but certainly not "I just popped the seal on the Lovecraftian vault". That's these guys:

guitareben

Reaction score
I know meshuggah have been mentioned, but i thought i'd say, while not all their stuff sounds evil, some of the stuff at the end of catch 33 (Shed, Sum, Minds Mirrors ( :O :O :O Terrifying!!!)) is pretty darn evil/scary sounding, is it not? :D

Goatfork

Reaction score
^Cath 33 is full of evil sounding stuff, those songs in particular. I think the general argument in this thread on Meshuggah is that they're overall sound isn't very evil, but more like anger/hate.

Tomo009

Reaction score
If noone has said portal yet, why not?

Portal is this band, atmospheric dark noise that actually manages to freak me out sometimes.

Acatalepsy

Reaction score
I guess there's something to be said about the whole 'war metal' thing, ie:

Incantation
Ignivomous
Mitochondrion
Cruciamentum
Grave Miasma
Impetuous Ritual
etc...

')