Most original metal band?

• Thread starter median
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

median

Reaction score
Who is the most original metal band out right now (besides Meshuggah!)? Who is doing ground breaking stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
Bullet for my Valentine:

lol jk.

I was listening to Psyopus the other day and was throughly impressed by their approach, but I guess they aren't very active right now. I haven't really come across modern bands doing anything really revolutionary...

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I know I will get alot of hate for this, but Cradle of Filth. Tell me of another band that sounded like them before them, or since?

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Viljdthallta (is that how u spell it? I don't know Swedish lol) is by far the most original band of any genre, ever. I mean, juxtaposing those brilliant atmospheric clean parts with crushing 8th-string brutality? Who could have come up with that besides them? They are also very inventive as far as tonality goes. The way they play outside the box instead of sticking to boring old scales is just mindblowing, and afaik, no one has ever even come close to the sometimes bizarre, but always fitting note choices. Even their tones are fresh, standing out from all the stale, lifeless digital amp sims. And that THALL marketing tactic? Pure genius.

groovemasta

Reaction score
Viljdthallta (is that how u spell it? I don't know Swedish lol) is by far the most original band of any genre, ever. I mean, juxtaposing those brilliant atmospheric clean parts with crushing 8th-string brutality? Who could have come up with that besides them? They are also very inventive as far as tonality goes. The way they play outside the box instead of sticking to boring old scales is just mindblowing, and afaik, no one has ever even come close to the sometimes bizarre, but always fitting note choices. Even their tones are fresh, standing out from all the stale, lifeless digital amp sims. And that THALL marketing tactic? Pure genius.

:lol:

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score

Hmmm not sure if serious or not :scratch: Thanks for the laugh either way though :yesway: EDIT - (I love Vildhjarta but they're hardly original)

Sylosis, Gojira are my picks.... :shrug:

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score

Yeah who could have thought of that? Oh wait, could it be the scores of other shitty bands that sound exactly the same?

This is clearly a joke.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
This is an extremely subjective thing, and narrowing it to "metal" is somewhat self-defeating. Perhaps "heavy" would be a better question. But, to answer the original:

Pyramids.

In the world of "heavy"? Sigur Ros.

Latest posts

')