Most original metal band?

• Thread starter median
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
Neurosis
Meshuggah
Gorguts (Obscura onward mostly)
Tool
Behold The Arctopus
Psyopus
Malignancy/Defeated Sanity/Wormed (maybe not THE MOST but the most in their genre)
Sikth
Orgone
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Unexpect
Deathspell Omega
Orgone
!T.O.O.H.!
Blotted Science

The bands that come to mind

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
Between the Buried and Me manages to do something sweet with every album they create. I'm yet to find a band with a sound quite as great as theirs. \m/

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Menudo+Refrescante+Portugues+1986+-+Charlie,+Robby,+Ricky+Martin,+Raymond,+Sergio.jpg

:hbang:

Reaction score
Veil of Maya has my vote. Definitely not the most original band out there, but damn I love me some VoM technicality. :hbang:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Speaking of Veil of Maya, I'm listening to Cynic right now. They've already been mentioned, but WHAT WERE THESE GUYS SMOKING IN 1993.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Circa survive and dance gavin dance are the two that come to mind. very original sounding

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Between the Buried and Me manages to do something sweet with every album they create. I'm yet to find a band with a sound quite as great as theirs. \m/

they seriously write the sickest stuff and there sweeps and alt picking is so so smooth sounding. Everything about that band is just tight. I dont know how you find that many amazing musicians in one band.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I was listening to Psyopus the other day and was throughly impressed by their approach, but I guess they aren't very active right now. I haven't really come across modern bands doing anything really revolutionary...

Psyopus are freaking amazing!! ... if you are into that kind of thing ... i'm not ... ,but I respect them.
I have never come across anyone so good with rhythm as their bassist. :bowdown:

protest

Reaction score
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.

Honestly I never listened to anything beyond their first album, but it sounded just like Dillinger.

I'd say (and these probably have been mentioned):

Blue Cheer
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Death
At the Gates
Fear Factory
Tool
Rage Against the Machine
Candiria
Botch
The Dillinger Escape Plan