Motorcycle Thread

Jontain

Reaction score
The main things are the brakes-
But the SV is a budget bike for beginners,

Nail on the head there, you can really tell with the jap bikes how they are built down to their price.

To be fair even the stock brake setup on the gixxer begins to under preform on the track, can be improved with a good set of steel braided lines, decent pads and a proper bleeding but still, compared to a '10 plate zx-6r i tried you just don't get the same bite. Also as good as the stock forks are on any bike, given a proper revalve and spring setup will completely transform them.

Although I have to say I do love upgrading bikes, nothing better then buying some nice new shiny bits to bolt on, even if my wallet hates me for it. Which reminds me i need to pull my finger out and get a picture of my new zorst up, has really improved the sound of the bike tenfold.:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
My friend has a Kawasaki Z1000 and those things are awesome. I never saw one before until I met him. He rides the shit out of it and it takes everything he throws at it.

Jontain

Reaction score
Z1000's are awesome bikes, always pawing to get the front up. It is the same with alot of modern big bore naked bikes however the ER-6 was fast enough without a fairing, had a small nose screen to get out of the wind a bit but for track riding full fairing is the way to go otherwise you spend more energy on holding on lol.

Love the new Triumph Speed Triple - R too, think it looks great in the white and red.:hbang:

Although if I wanted a bike aggresive naked bike I think I would have to look at KTM's Super Duke. Have always loved KTM, from the performance, the way they ride and the styling. When I feel like I can ride the gsxr-600 to its fullest I rekon going for the RC8-R would be good fun, very different though being a huge thumping v-twin, would have to watch for highsides although I hear the RC8's corner like a dream.

Bevo

Reaction score
So a guy offered to buy my Supermoto that I was not selling. He has not confirmed if he will do the deal so I have to wait.

In the meant time I thought about what I want, all my buds ride cruisers/Harleys but I don't like them enough to spend that kind of money.
So I thought to get something I have never had... a Ducati!

Looking at the used bikes I was shocked to see 749 Superbikes around 05 going for $6,000CDN with like no miles on them. It was not just one but at least 5 I saw!
I also saw a high mileage 20,000K 999 for $6500!!

Hope this guy buys my bike now!

8track

Reaction score
my yam-a-whore xs400

tn.jpg

Bevo

Reaction score
My girl is not a fan of the seat on my Supermoto so I been thinking..

Back in 84 I had a GS1100 that I just loved and always wanted to build up a drag type bike with it. Looking in the local ads I never seen any for sale till last week when I found 3 at the same time..crazy, none then 3 in two years!

Needless to say I am picking up my new to me 81 GS1100, this is going to be my third one LOL!
This one will get built the way I want but I am going to ride it this summer first.

Mods will include..
- GSXR front end
- GSXR extended single shock swing arm
- GSXR wheels
- GS 1150 crank and head
- 1340 pistons
- Turbo system
- New paint in dark blue, bass boat style sparkles

Other than the Turbo kit the work is relatively cheap, the GSXR stuff used is probably $500 but the engine is going to be a couple bucks, probably $5 grand with the rebuild and turbo.

This will make 220HP at 12 pounds and run a low 9 second 1/4.

Pictures when she comes home!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'm not huge on bikes, but I would love a Harley Dark Custom Iron 883. My buddy Kevin has one and it's absolutely gorgeous (plus his Rabbit is fuckin' snazzy too).

542099_356864117685583_712933632_n.jpg

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Bumping this thread up a little. Going to be buying this '77 Ironhead hopefully this coming week. It runs great, there are just a few cosmetic things I need to take care of before I'm 100% satisfied.

E7CAAC06-7F51-4E0F-95A3-79A7C115FB2E-6946-00000B429DD75F68.jpg

Oddkid

Reaction score
Got to agree on the V-twinness! I've had a few bikes, started with a TZR125, had a short lived club racing career on an FZR400, upgraded the TZR to a GSXR400 because i blew it up (bloody two-strokes). The GSX lasted 9 days then i punted it into a bus stop, i was 18 and stupid and 60mph over the speed limit so it was my fault and i was bloody lucky to get away with just a couple of broken ribs. Got another GSXR400 while i was still in hospital, changed that for a ZX7R when i was about 21ish, kept that until somebody drove a car into while it was in the staff car park at my job at the time. After that the fork seals never stopped leaking and we theorised it was a bent fork, so i sold that and bought my current bike.

179870_10150388617360696_6966306_n.jpg

181775_10150388617700696_1646731_n.jpg

My girlfriend has been a biker all her life too, she's had an RS50, ER5, VFR NC30, ZX6R and most recently a 929 Fireblade and a CB500. Sadly both the Blade and the CB were stolen from outside out flat a couple of months ago.

Eventually when we go back to New Zealand we'd like to take up Formula3 club racing on SV650's. Can't beat a good twin!

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
We must keep this thread alive!

I'm trying to sell my little Ninja at the moment, but it's a bitch to get a decent price during autumn.
I wish to live in a country where you can ride all year long, with no fucking snow.......
But it isn't that bad during the summer though: :agreed:
2627_1.jpg

I was so sure to get a supersporst, R1, FB or GSX-R1000 next spring, but since I had a go on my friends Ducati Streetfighter, I'm really not sure on what to get. Firstly because of looks and riding-position, but also because of the absolutely astronomical oomph of a V-twin. No that I had this experience,
I might also try a Buell. They're extremely cheap since production stopped.

Jontain

Reaction score
Trackday coming up at Rockingham International this weekend, pray for good weather...

Should be fun though as it will be my first time at Rockingham, I have heard its a fast track which is always fun, although with around 7 lefts and only 3/4 rights it is going to be hell for my left sidewalls.

Jontain

Reaction score
We must keep this thread alive!

I was so sure to get a supersporst, R1, FB or GSX-R1000 next spring, but since I had a go on my friends Ducati Streetfighter, I'm really not sure on what to get. Firstly because of looks and riding-position, but also because of the absolutely astronomical oomph of a V-twin. No that I had this experience,
I might also try a Buell. They're extremely cheap since production stopped.

Any of the supersport 1000's will have more than enough torque for road riding, its the 600's that are really picky about being in the right revs etc.

Have you looked at any other naked bikes? KTM's duke range is a pretty extreme option both in looks and character, or you could look at Triumphs street/speed triple.

Although the Triumph 675/675r is a great bike, nice torquey inline triple with pleanty of power behind it. Had a go on a mates 675r (during run-in period unfortunately) but it felt great, very nimble and loads of progressive power through the revs. Quickshifter was alot of fun too.:hbang:

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
Have you looked at any other naked bikes? KTM's duke range is a pretty extreme option both in looks and character, or you could look at Triumphs street/speed triple.

Although the Triumph 675/675r is a great bike, nice torquey inline triple with pleanty of power behind it. Had a go on a mates 675r (during run-in period unfortunately) but it felt great, very nimble and loads of progressive power through the revs. Quickshifter was alot of fun too.:hbang:

KTM's won't do it for me, really not a fan of the single-bangers. A Daytona is something I was thinking about (don't like the looks of the Triumph Nakeds, though), they come quite cheap here. I had the opportunity to roll around on the MV F3 for a couple of km's, so the 3-inline concept definitely appeals to me. It's the riding position though, that I think is mostly just fucking your wrist with out any benefit, as long as you're not on a track.
But the wheelie-hungry, aggressive position on the Duc SF was just insane!
And I mean look at it :holy::
72488_3_streetfighter_sduc_2500_kopie.jpg

However, the Buell 1125C looks quite brutal, too, and costs about a third of the Duc. I'm just not sure about really getting a Jap 4-cyl.... Well, winter is coming, so I'll have a lot of time to think about it, and fap to some Duc pictures. :lol:

Jontain

Reaction score
Ha, there is no denying the Duc SF is a nice bike, most Duc's are!

Also I know the new 690 duke is a big single however I am pretty sure the bigger dukes are KTM's V
KTM%20990%20Super%20Duke%20R%2007%20%201.jpg

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
They have V's yes (or twins, actually, not sure about that), the crazy RC8, for example.

To me, it is one of the most hideous bikes ever made. :lol:

Jontain

Reaction score
Ah OK, that's fair play, they are a bit "Marmite" in their looks. Personally the angular styling KTM use does funny things to me, I absolutely love it...

Would love an RC8-r in the future, will be interesting to see how much it comes along in the next few years, although KTM do seem more focused on their new smaller capacity dukes atm.

How about the new MV brutale? naked version of the F-3, gotta love those exhaust pipes!
brutale-675.jpg

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
Jep, that brutale is pure sex. But, with the more relaxed riding position of a naked, I might want a larger engine. What bike are you riding atm? I NEED to get rid of my ninjette until spring, shes such a sloutch haha.

pink freud

Reaction score
So today I'm picking up a Yamaha Star 250 to put around on for a year, which I will then flip (+$$$) for one of these:

5-11-Triumph-Thunderbird-Storm-static-3-BJN.jpg

Latest posts

')