Move along folks, just another Intrepid Pro.

• Thread starter nedheftyfunk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
agile_intrepid1.jpg

agile_intrepid2.jpg

agile_intrepid3.jpg

agile_intrepid4.jpg

It's from the 2nd batch and arrived in March, but I was on the other side of the planet until this week, so just picked it up. It seems to be perfect and doesn't have the saddles issue that the Pros from the 1st batch had.

I know Darren wasn't happy with the two different coloured stingers his 1st batch Pro had. This one also has different coloured stingers, but I quite like it. Double thumbs up for Rondo Music.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
Nice!

And now the specs :squint:

I see 2 different colored stripes in the neck-construction... did you use 2 different sorts of wood for the stripes?

EDIT. Ah, do you mean that by "stingers" ?

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
Cool, I like the Pro's.

Nice case too, wish I'd have got one for my Standard looking back.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Aw man it looks so awesome. I can't wait for mine. It'll be just like yours just with a Ebony board.

Really hope it fits in my oversized bass hardcase...

Looneygah1

Reaction score
I did a search on "stingers," and couldn't find an instance of Darren using the word. What does "stingers" refer to?

The stripes that run up the body. notice how they are different colors. At least thats what i think he means by stingers

Snorelax

Reaction score
It was just a typo, he meant to type "stringers" which, as stated are the thin laminates in the neck.

Congrats on the new 8, I know that I want one.

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Sorry for the confusion about stingers. It was a typo and I intended to type "stringers", even though I really meant the two walnet laminates in the neck. BC Rich, Jackson, etc. use the term stringers when they put in strips of wood as a laminate between the neck and the body, which wouldn't have been quite right anyway.

Yeah. What case is that???

It's an intrepid case. :) They came in between when the 2nd batch of Intrepids were ordered and when they arrived. Kurt let me add it to my order between those two events. Baritone Case

It's a beautiful guitar, well finished, has buzz-free super-low action and plays really well. Clearly the neck is wide and long, but I don't think it will take that long to get used to. It doesn't seem much more difficult than moving from a 6 to a baritone 7.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i would love a tweed case for my intrepid, but i opted for the black instead, because the tweed cases are fake printed ones. you see the repeating pattern a bit too obviously. if it was actual tweed, i would´ve gone for it :p

it´s fairly similar to the case i have for my agile baritone, but with different dimensions etc. it´s a really nice case, but it´s not the sturdiest construction ever. works perfectly fine for regular transportation, but after a few flights the upper horn is making an indentation in there. that´s probably from the strap-locks i put on there though, the cheap plastic ones...

it has a little storage space with a lid, and i´ve really used all the free space in it when traveling with it. i´ve stuffed the storage space as full as it gets, then proceeded to fill the space underneath the upper portion of the neck with shirts and sweaters and books.

i love it alot more than the damn gig bags i´ve used before. this thing actually protects the guitar, looks nice, and all that. cool stuff.

anyways, i´m loving the look of the intrepid, can´t wait to get mine :D

shredguitar7

Reaction score
i like my tweed case... but it was damaged in shipping.. one of the corners is kinda smashed up. still closes and works but not the tightest of fits. otherwise i like it a lot... i stuff everything in their as well.. cables cds... put my laptop in their once... not the brightest idea.. it came out alive... lol..

')