Movies that make you cry

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

texshred777

Reaction score
A few more

Million Dollar Baby
Schindler's List
Gran Torino
Big Fish
The Cure
We were soldiers
Hotel Rwanda
Moulin Rouge
Extremely loud and Incredibly Close-The scene where he sees the building collapse, knowing his father is in it and drops to the floor I lost it. I'm getting choked up just thinking about that scene.

The Time Traveler's Wife
My sister's Keeper
Avatar:the last airbender-There are some scenes throughout the show that move me to tears.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
I Am Legend - the movie was alright, and I prefer the book, but when will smith has to kill his dog I fucking lost it. Something about cruelty to animals really gets me, and even though it was for the better of the dog, I hated that scene. It just eats at me.

This is actually the last time I cried at a movie! I love my puppies :(

OhMyGoliath

Reaction score
seven_pounds.jpg

I thought a lot of this movie was sad. I held it together fairly well... Untill the end...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The ending of Toy Story 3 made me choke up a bit.

Theres some others, but I can barely remember since I'm not as big of a movie buff as I used to be.

EDIT: Near the end of Forrest Gump when he's talking at Jennie's grave. Holy. Fuck. Was hard trying to keep my composure while everyone was around me. :(

Murmel

Reaction score
How can I be the only one who has never cried at a film?
I haven't either, and it's not because I'm a cold asshole. I do get feelings from movies, but it takes a lot for me to start crying over pretty much anything.

I hadn't cried for years until about 2 years ago when I thought my friend was going to kill himself, which was a false alarm but whatever. After that I haven't cried, and I've had shitty stuff happen :shrug:

flint757

Reaction score
Yeah I tear up, but hardly ever cry. When my Uncle died and I wanted to grieve it took me destroying a desk before I was able to cry and grieve. Not sure what is holding me back, I can only assume it is the 'men don't cry' thing that dads teach their kids and I must have taken it to heart. Now I just can't break it...

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
I recently got to watch "The hunger games". The aftermath of the scene where Rue is stabbed in the chest by some guy was very intense. I would've shed some tears, but my girlfriend was watching it with me, and I didn't want to appear weak in her eyes. Very good film.

flint757

Reaction score
It was alright, it indeed was sad though especially since I read the book, but I wanted to stab the cameraman repeatedly. I hate that shaky camera shit.

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
It was alright, it indeed was sad though especially since I read the book, but I wanted to stab the cameraman repeatedly. I hate that shaky camera shit.

I didn't read the books. A friend of mine told me about the film, describing it as "horrible, gory, disturbing", so I said to myself "you've got to get your hands on that DVD, man".

I am not really into contemporary literature, to be honest. That said, I am looking forward to the second film.

flint757

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to half of the next movie and none of the third, that is if they keep it similar to the books. Wouldn't call it 'gory' though, especially compared to movies like Battle Royale and many others it is quite tame.

Understandable about today's literature, it all seems to be written at a morons level, but I don't really enjoy classic literature either as I can't relate to the dialect.

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to half of the next movie and none of the third, that is if they keep it similar to the books. Wouldn't call it 'gory' though, especially compared to movies like Battle Royale and many others it is quite tame.

Understandable about today's literature, it all seems to be written at a morons level, but I don't really enjoy classic literature either as I can't relate to the dialect.

"Gory" was just the adjective my friend decided to use when giving me a rough description of the film in question.

Your opinion on today's literature being a creation aimed at the unthinking majority is spot on. True literature is at least a century old, I'd say.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The day that "Hunger Games" is gory is the day that Wes Anderson films are considered "hilarious"

')