Movies That Suck and Why

• Thread starter groph
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
So.. I just recently (finally) caught up with Shutter Island..

SO disappointing. Nice twist.. Only saw it coming from the trailer, let alone the first 20 minutes of the film. Could have spared me the subsequent 2 hours spelling it out for the people who's IQ is under 10 points, as was clearly the target audience for this film..

Hey, Scorcese: M Knight called, and he wants his only plot device back. Once that's sorted, go back to making gangster movies, please. :yesway:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I have to admit when I went to see Inglourious Basterds I was expecting Pulp Fiction 2. Needless to say, I didn't get it.

The Wicker Man remake.

Why? Have you seen it? :lol:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
So.. I just recently (finally) caught up with Shutter Island..

SO disappointing. Nice twist.. Only saw it coming from the trailer, let alone the first 20 minutes of the film. Could have spared me the subsequent 2 hours spelling it out for the people who's IQ is under 10 points, as was clearly the target audience for this film..

Hey, Scorcese: M Knight called, and he wants his only plot device back. Once that's sorted, go back to making gangster movies, please. :yesway:

It was actually adapted from a book dude. While the plot was obvious, I watched it a second time round and really got to appreciate it. As far as film-making goes (plot aside) it's about as good as it gets IMO. The cinematography in that film is second to none.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
It was actually adapted from a book dude. While the plot was obvious, I watched it a second time round and really got to appreciate it. As far as film-making goes (plot aside) it's about as good as it gets IMO. The cinematography in that film is second to none.

Sorry, but Avatar kinda filled my 'forgoing a mindless plot in favor of presentation' quota for the next decade. ;)

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Sorry, but Avatar kinda filled my 'forgoing a mindless plot in favor of presentation' quota for the next decade. ;)

That's something we can agree on, second time round I found it so stupid it was ridiculous.

Seriously though, I am as about as harsh as they get when it comes to film critics, but Shutter Island is way up there with the best of the year in my books.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score

didn't see it, but can I agree with you based on the trailers?

but maybe worst movie ever?.......We Own The Night

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
The Wicker Man remake.

Hey look!

Brown_bear_rearing.jpg

It's Nicolas Cage!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
The Wicker Man was an epicly great movie. It had laughs, shocks, and creeps... Christopher Lee was awesome in it.

Why, oh WHY, did they think it would be a good idea to remake the movie into a weird feminazi allergic to bees bear costume "ow you broke my leg" pile of rubbish?

Herb Dorklift

Reaction score
Superbad.

Awful awful film, maybe I'm too old now, or just don't understand American teenager shit. I've never had problem getting beer, nor do I find McLovin humourous.

harkonnen8

Reaction score
MAX FUCKING PAYNE

That movie was horrible. Total piece of crap. :wallbash:

This game took the story from the game and completely
through it out the window. this movie shares almost nothing
in common with the game.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
This thread is full of win. Has a "Maddox"-like cynicism. Which is also full of win. Anyways:

Congo: This movie really is one of the most terrible movies I've ever seen. This came out when I was about 12 and I could still tell that it was complete dogshit. A telecommunications company takes a sign-language intelligent gorilla into the congo in hopes of finding a giant diamond for some satelite bullshit for their mid 90's technology. Most of the crew killed, they release the gorilla and throw away the diamond. Wow, how fucking pointless. 2 hrs wasted! Can we do it again?

Crank 2: Quite possibly the worst film of all time. Really. I actually enjoyed the 1st Crank film, even if it was a mindless action movie. This starts out at the end of the 1st film; and is a complete shitstorm of matrix-like action sequences mixed with anime, mixed with MTV, and maybe that asshole John Mayer. I made it through, but I could not believe the level of destitute failure that was on the screen.

Independence Day: Movie was heavily hyped because of the aliens invading, destroying the White House, and trying to take over the world. Neat? Nearly 3 hrs of non-progressive dialogue, weak special effects even for the 90's, generic storyline. I can't even finish this movie pissed me off so bad.

Roland Emmerich makes incredibly shitty movies.

Clearly you have not seen Stargate... the film is all sorts of awesome in ways that the TV show is not (stupid Kurt Russell haircut and dialog notwithstanding).

Xodus

Reaction score
Inception: It was not awful, but was nowhere near as good as advertised. The action was good, but the plot seemed boring. Also, it was advertised as a giant mindfuck. I love giant mindfucks (i.e. Primer) and Inception was definitely not one, no matter how much it wanted to be. The uncertainty added in the last ten minutes seemed tacked on, especially the last scene, the only part that played with peoples minds. I'd give it a 60, but that is so far from what I expected it sucks.

The Human Centipede: Another type of movie I love is that which is extremely sick and twisted. On paper, this would be one, but in actuality, it comes nowhere close. It is nowhere close to sick, and just bored me for an hour and a half.

Dune: This needs no explanation. It took my favourite literary series and made it into something stupid.

Bobo

Reaction score
Serenity.

Why? Because it didn't get a much fucking deserved sequel :mad: Hell they even could have done a prequel :mad:

Flame my ass.

')