Movies you've been watching...

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if there's a thread like this already :rolleyes:

Some I watched last month =

Season of the witch(2011) - No matter how I like that kind of movie still this one is crap.There are actors who almost turn a crap movie into a good one because of their acting quality,Cage has the ability of turning a crap movie into an ultra crap movie.

An american haunting (2005) - I really liked its settings,beautiful places but story..........duh

Let the right one in (2007 swedish original) - It has a really dark
atmosphere.It almost doesn't have action but still it kept me staring at the screen till the end.

Let me in (2010 american remake of Let the right one in) - It follows the original scene by scene but I don't know why it doesn't have the same dark atmosphere.Maybe because of the actors.But it's one of the best remakes I saw cause it really follows the original.

Hankock (2008) - Well if you just got home in the middle of the night and you need a film just to calm down and fall asleep,it's a good one.Just press play and have fun,nothing more.

Blood and chocolate(2007) - Another film with werewolves but.....it's not a horror film,it's a love story with amazing arabian/turkish soundtrack.It's not another blood bath and rubber everywhere Hollywood kind of film,
in fact it almost has no blood.So scenes are really beautiful,almost like poetry to me.But in the end it's a love story so don't expect too much.I have to mention it was filmed in Bucharest(Romania and no,vampires didn't showed up hahaha),so places are beautiful,I'm really tired of films in New York or Los Angeles lol
So have your own impressions about it,to me............great film.

Star Trek(2009) - What an amazing surprise.It's a cool film.If you're a fan of Star Trek you'll have a lot of fun,if you never herd(duh) about Star Trek......still it's a great movie.It's clever and effects are part of the story and not the story itself like some a lot of other films.

Seed of Chucky (2004) - I laughed,laughed and........laughed.That weird psycho gay puppet is HILARIOUS!

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)- Awesome dark and weird film about another psycho.Settings are beautiful and Rachel Hurd-Woods has one of the most beautiful face ever!

Sherlock Holmes (2009) - Weak and boring.No smart puzzles or a thriller vibe as a Sherlock Holmes film should have.

Billy Elliot (2000) - Very cool film with a "family" vibe.I loved that scene when that kid danced when he was angry with his brother. The cool about it is the relation between characters.Besides that it was shot in Durham,I have some friends there but sadly they didn't show Durham cathedral and castle

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Just watched Evil Dead....finally. Love it, but I'm still a fan of 2.

Also, I watched around 20 minutes of Tokyo Gore Police, and, well, what can I say? It was crazy.

I've had access to a lot thanks to netflix instant, but I can't make up my mind on what to watch.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
One movie that I tend to watch once every couple months is Master And Commander. I haven't read any of the novels that the story was based on, but the movie is just a joy to watch. It had great characters and solid acting all around. But equally as impressive were its achievements in cinematography and sound editing. Plus, the music, while sparse, is used judiciously and when it's playing, it is spot-on perfection. It's funny, moving, and even reasonably accurate from a historical perspective, and I enjoy it every time I watch it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
The King's Speech---What to say, well-deserved best picture.

Back to the Future---feeling in the mood for some "great scot(s)!"

Sherlock Holmes---Guy Ritchie's directing is very well done, and getting pumped for the sequel

The Emperor's New Groove---Patrick Warburton and David Spade make this movie still hilarious even though I've grown out of most Disney flicks..

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I have been completely OBSESSED with the movie 'Red Cliff' recently. In the past 4-6 months since I saw it for the first time, I think I've watched it at least 20 times. I just can't get enough of it.

For those not in the know, it's directed by John Woo, and it was his return to China after spending about 20 years making movies in Hollywood. It's based on the historically famous 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' period/book, specifically the part where Prime Minister Cao Cao's attempts to forcefully unify China are waylaid in the south by the unexpected alliance between Liu Bei and Sun Quan.

As with all historical fiction, I understand some liberties were taken with the overall story arc, but fuck it: Great film is great film. This has something for everyone. Beautiful cinematography, grand and epic scale, rich and well developed characters, massive on-screen battles, a love story, loyalty, betrayal, etc.

There are two version of the film: The 2 part international version which clocks in just shy of 5 hours with both parts combined, and the 'western' version which is condensed into one film that's about 2.5 hours. While the western version is still a good film, one can't *really* appreciate the full scope of the film without seeing the full 2 part international cut.

Anyway, 5 out of 5 stars in my book. EXTRA BONUS POINTS for turning me onto an ancient SEVEN STRINGED instrument that I was previously unaware of: Guqin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :metal:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the "western" verion of Red Cliff a few months ago, and while I think it was good, it was pretty obvious that it was parred down. I've wanted to watch the full 5 hour film since.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I watched the "western" verion of Red Cliff a few months ago, and while I think it was good, it was pretty obvious that it was parred down. I've wanted to watch the full 5 hour film since.

If you liked the western verison at all, the full version is definitely worth your time. :yesway:

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Recently I've watched...

Citizen Kane - I've never thought this to be quite as good as everyone makes it out to be, but that said I still think it's a very good film.

Casablanca - Such a good, good film.

Jackass 3D (just without the D) - My favourite of the 3 films by far.

Basic Instinct - Had never seen it before because it never seemed like the kind of film that would interest me, but actually found it quite enjoyable.

Speed - Not great, but still one of those entertaining action movies.

Paths Of Glory - Great film, one of my top 5 favourite Kubrick films.

Shoah - a 1985 documentary about the holocaust, it's 544 minutes long, and was the most effort I have ever put into watching a film in my life, but it was definitely worth it.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I finally got around to watching "Who's Nailin' Palin?"

I only saw like the 5 minutes of it, but it was pretty good. I give it :yesway:. I'd give two, but you know........

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Rock'n'Rolla -Awesome movie with a pretty decent storyline.
Jackass 3 - Do I really need to describe this one :scratch:
Super Troopers - If you haven't seen this one, go watch it right meow :lol:

Other that that, I've been addicted to Mythbusters lately, just watched seasons 4-5 back to back :lol:

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
I have been completely OBSESSED with the movie 'Red Cliff' recently. In the past 4-6 months since I saw it for the first time, I think I've watched it at least 20 times. I just can't get enough of it.

For those not in the know, it's directed by John Woo, and it was his return to China after spending about 20 years making movies in Hollywood. It's based on the historically famous 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' period/book, specifically the part where Prime Minister Cao Cao's attempts to forcefully unify China are waylaid in the south by the unexpected alliance between Liu Bei and Sun Quan.

As with all historical fiction, I understand some liberties were taken with the overall story arc, but fuck it: Great film is great film. This has something for everyone. Beautiful cinematography, grand and epic scale, rich and well developed characters, massive on-screen battles, a love story, loyalty, betrayal, etc.

There are two version of the film: The 2 part international version which clocks in just shy of 5 hours with both parts combined, and the 'western' version which is condensed into one film that's about 2.5 hours. While the western version is still a good film, one can't *really* appreciate the full scope of the film without seeing the full 2 part international cut.

Anyway, 5 out of 5 stars in my book. EXTRA BONUS POINTS for turning me onto an ancient SEVEN STRINGED instrument that I was previously unaware of: Guqin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :metal:

I was very excited about it but when I saw it was Woo I gave up.
TO ME his hollywood stuff is terrible.
Still........I should try it :wallbash:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I was very excited about it but when I saw it was Woo I gave up.
TO ME his hollywood stuff is terrible.
Still........I should try it :wallbash:

For what it's worth, I don't really like any of his Hollywood stuff.

I mean, Face off was cool when i was about 14, but it didn't hold up well as I got older. ;)

Nick1

Reaction score
Exam- This was a suspense/thriller about a group of people in a room all taking an exam in hopes to land some awesome job. But the thing is the papers are blank and they dont know the question so the movie is about them trying to figure it out. Kinda cool for a straight to dvd movie.

Awake- This is a thriller where the story focuses on a man who suffers "anesthetic awareness" and finds himself awake and aware, but paralyzed, during heart surgery. His mother must wrestle with her own demons as a drama unfolds around them, while trying to unfold the story hidden behind her son's young wife. I liked this one.

Due Date- High-strung father-to-be Peter Highman is forced to hitch a ride with aspiring actor Ethan Tremblay on a road trip in order to make it to his child's birth on time. This is a total rip off of Planes Trains and Automobiles. But its got Robert Downey JR and the always funny Zach Galifianakis so its a at least worth $1.00 at the Redbox.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hannibal Rising - 8/10.

I can certainly understand why people may not like it, but I love the atmosphere, the actors and the story. It makes Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal a much more tragic/disturbed character and, while a little forced in some scenes, adds a great dynamic to the other films.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
The Road (2009) - GOOD LORD I want my time back...BORINNNNNG

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) - I prefer the original.This one is boring and it could be really better,perfect proof effects can't turn a bad film in a good one.Since the 90's I have a crush on Connelly :cool:.....( o Y o )

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
inside-job-top.jpg

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
Green Zone - comedy ending "twist"

Hurt Locker - I want my time back

Inception - Enjoyed, anything with sleeping in it is always good :)

Mongol - The Rise to power of Genghis Khan - Amazing

Lately, I've been enjoying the finer fruits of American television:

Must watch!!!

Have Gun - Will Travel 1x01 - Part 1

Many thanks Yurbs! (youtube user)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Awake- This is a thriller where the story focuses on a man who suffers "anesthetic awareness" and finds himself awake and aware, but paralyzed, during heart surgery. His mother must wrestle with her own demons as a drama unfolds around them, while trying to unfold the story hidden behind her son's young wife. I liked this one.

I just cannot bring myself to watch anything starring Darth Emo.