Movies you've been watching...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Watched My Side of the Mountain. Old and cheesy but a good survival movie. Ive been getting into survival shows and all that so it was cool to watch. Plus my wife wanted to watch it so why not ya know.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Saw "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" last night, and it was alright. First time I've seen a horror movie use that specific premise (premise, not name :lol:) and that itself was cool, but the little girl annoyed me and the dad was fairly stereotypical in terms of things going wrong and not believing it.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Source Code : limited but pretty nice
Rio : fun
X Men - first class : pretty good, I was surprised :lol:
Thor : Terrible! (what was I expecting? :lol: ) I still love Portman and Dennings asses tho.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
You'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong.

So, I just picked up the Bluray for that and watched it on Wednesday night.

I gotta say, after watching it and combining it with previous viewings of other older films updated for Bluray, I'm beginning to form the opinion that perhaps movies filmed prior to the high-def era should NOT be converted to high-def. Seriously, the whole movie, I kept looking at Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis and Michael Ironside and thinking "holy shit, I never realized how ugly they were before!"

The Bluray's level of detail brings way too much of each actor's physical flaws into the spotlight. Their teeth are gross, they're all sweating like pigs through the whole movie, Ironside has a giant, gross boil kind of thing on the side of his face, and the lines around McGillis's eyes make her look about twice the age of Cruise's character. Yikes... :ugh:

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Watched this week....

Xmen: First Class
The Exorcist Chronicles
Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
Princess Bride
Snatch
The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Hobo With A Shotgun last night... Good stuff. I've also watched The Expendables and Blue Sreak in the last couple of days. Kind of let down by The Expendables but Blue Streak delivers as always, haha.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Four Lions, before I watched this movie I did not think a movie about terrorists could be hillarious. I was wrong:yesway:

That movie is... so... much... win:D

Quote:
-Oi, what are you sayin'?! I'm the most Al-Quaida here! I'm the invisible warrior!
-Oh yeah, like the time you baked that twin-tower cake and left it outside the local synagogue? Way to keep a low profile.
-Well that's hidin' in plane sight innit'!

Or

-Has your dad ever bought a Jaffa orange?
-Well, one or two maybe?
-Right, he's buying nukes for Israel bro. He's a jew.

Gents, I rest my case:metal:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
The American and Bad Lieutenant.

The American = very understated. Maybe a little too understated. Good though.

Bad Lieutenat = ridiculous and down right hilarious.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
"It Might Get Loud"

Hilarious to see The Edge trying to lecture Jimmy Page on a guitar riff, and actually get pissed when Page makes it a bit more interesting:lol:

Also, I realized I can't stand Jack White

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I meant to watch Death Proof yesterday, but went for some drinks instead. The trailer didn't do much for me. Is it any good?

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
"Hanna"

I don't watch many movies since my satellite TV "hobby" went away, so it seems REALLY good!

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Thor, Rise of the Planet of the Apes & Hanna. Along with a Shit ton of Stargate.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I meant to watch Death Proof yesterday, but went for some drinks instead. The trailer didn't do much for me. Is it any good?

I really enjoyed it, and found it to be the better of the two from the Grindhouse double-feature. But it IS a traditional Tarantino film, so be ready for pop culture references and what can feel like un-necessary dialogue :D

Latest posts

')