Movies you've been watching...

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
You guys should watch Estomago(Stomach) 2007.It's a brazilian film which won a lot of prizes around the world and it has a crazy, weird story about a poor guy who came to a big city and started working as a cook for some poor restaurants and bars.He starts dating a prostitute and from there story gets crazier and crazier.We don't have millions and millions to waste with effects so here movies have to have a good story cause effects won't help it ;)
If you guys want to see something made by a different culture, with no crap effects, no New York scenary but with a crazy story, go for it, I bet you can find an english version or with legends.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
watched a trilogy of films called ninja death. all i have to say about them is that they certainly existed and indeed had ninjas that died. if you wish to see them they are in the public domain due to the fact they never filed a copyright. (after watching them i wonder why *sarcasm*)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Watched "The Science of Sleep" last night and holy fuck, it. Was. DEPRESSING. It's done by the same guy who did Eternal Sunshine... so I kind of knew his style, but its just like "Wow, if I saw that in theaters I wouldve been pissed."

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
i loved the movie mimic. watched it long ago....notice that over the years two more were made.

decided to watch them all. second one was decent, not as good as the first, but the third one was tripe! it was so horrible & cheesy i couldnt stop watching. that is 2 hrs of my life i will never get back.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
i watched this too cause at first it thought that guy on the cover was jack black lol...

images

the movie wasnt totally horrible but think with the right, better acting & less cheese it could have been pretty cool.

My ex girlfriend punished me by watching this, complete dross.

I watched Vanilla Sky last night, finest film ever crafted.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Finally saw Watchmen. Wonderful, wonderful film in my opinion. And Rorschach is awesome.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
i just got done watching Christmas Evil in the spirit of the holidays and the ending made my brain full of fuck... do yourself a favor WATCH IT.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Just watched Our Idiot Brother with Paul Rudd. Pretty good stuff. It isn't the best comedy ever but it has its moments and there are plenty of them. I'd recommend giving it a watch.

ry_z

Ikebana Noise Club
Reaction score
Recently watched:

220px-The_King_and_the_Clown_movie_poster.jpg

The King and the Clown - I watched it on a whim, and it ended up being one of the best films I've ever seen. An amazing blend of comedy, drama, and tragedy.

220px-Primer.jpg

Primer - Clever, intriguing, and very confusing. :lol: It's amazing what Shane Carruth managed to do with a $7,000 budget.

_67104_Medium.jpg

Senna - A must-watch for any fan of Formula 1, or of motor racing in general.

shredguitar7

Reaction score
My ex girlfriend punished me by watching this, complete dross.

I watched Vanilla Sky last night, finest film ever crafted.

once again i love you. best movie ever. it never gets old.. " Look at us, im frozen and your dead, and i love you " im a grown man and that shit makes me cry..

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Saw Horrible Bosses the other night. Such a stupid but verrrry funny movie.

Reaction score
Hi, new around here, but thought I'd add my two cents. I just caught "Melancholia", "I Saw The Devil", & "Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil". "ISTD" is absolutely amazing and a must for any action/horror fans. "Melancholia" was visually stunning, but would've benefited from a lot less dialogue and a lot more shots of Kirsten Dunst's boobs. "Tucker & Dale" was hilarious and easily the best horror/comedy hybrid since "Shaun of The Dead".

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
HOrrible Bosses was great, I thought.

Saw Sherlock Holmes 2 the other night, and loved it, saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night, and it was good, a bit mixed up in the story line of the book, but it was still a good movie. Rooney Mara is just as attractive as Noomi Rapace, though, but Noomi's Lisbeth was more feral than Rooney's.

Those are really fun names to type and say. Noomi and Rooney.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Horrible Bosses was really good. It wasn't what I expected, which is why I liked it so much.

Hangover II was a huge disappointment. I expected it to have a few similarities to the original, but it turned out to be exactly the same as the original. Exact same plot but with Asians.

Mexi

Reaction score
saw Tree of Life and Melancholia the other day and enjoyed them both immensely, the former moreso because of the sheer scope/beauty of the film

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Saw 3... Extremes recently, and holy fuck :eek:. The movie is 3 shorter films by Fruit Chen, Chan-Wook Park, and Takashi Miike, and they all deliver. Chen's film is about a woman who sells dumplings made from aborted fetuses to older ladies claiming they have restorative properties, and it's gloriously fucked up. Park's is about a director who is kidnapped by one of his extras who is jealous of the fact that he is both rich and a good person, so he sets up a test where he'd cut off his wife's (who is a pianist) fingers one by one unless he strangled a kid that he brought along. The psychological breakdown of the director is darkly captivating, and the film never lets up. Miike's film is about a woman who's haunted by the death of her twin sister that she accidentally caused, and is much more surreal and atmospheric than the other two. The twist at the end was... strange.
Overall, I'd highly recommend this movie to anyone familiar with any of these directors, or any horror fan.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
The Human Centipede First Sequence 2009 - If you think this is scary, think about what kind of stuff our species already did in the name of God, religion, science, power, pride, money etc.Think about Hitler, think about bombs over Japan, think about 9/11.This movie is not a terror movie but just a tiny kick of human reality.Think about how many crazy people are out there hidden in their basements doing things even Satan would not like to watch.Sick brains are capable of anything so if you're thinking about travelling far away to a place with no friends, think twice cause you could put yourself on an even worse situation.This movie is better than I thought, I thought it'd be blood bath and rubber everywhere but not, we know even worse things are happening right now out there so this movie just makes us realize how life is fragile and we can go from happiness to hell in a second :scream:

')