Movies you've been watching...

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Saw RED, Blade (the one from the 90's ) and Kick Ass. RED was fun, Blade was... cliched, mostly, and Kick Ass was great.

My gripe with Kick Ass is that it probably should have been called Hit Girl instead. ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Saw 50/50 and it kicked all sorts of ass. Seth Rogan is one of my most hated type-cast actors, but lately his roles haven't sucked from what I've heard and he hasn't ruined any films for the most part (aside from green Hornet, :ugh:) but he was good in this.

I also nearly lost my shit due to a family history of losing family members to cancer so some stuff really hit home, keep that in mind when seeing this, it CAN be gloomy at times

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Last night i watched Episode IV: A New Hope with commentary. Also recently watched "The Incredible Petrified World" and "The Amazing Transparent Man"

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Watched "Batman : Under the Red Hood" and aside from the Joker looking a bit silly, it was really good. Neil Patrick Harris fit really well as Nightwing/Dick Grayson too, who is becoming one of my favorite superheroes.

Rock4ever

Reaction score
Watched Atonement recently. Everyone NEEDS to see that movie, regardless of what they think of Keira Knightley. I personally dont care for her.

Not a kick-ass type movie, but it kicked ass

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy.

Fantastic, surely some Oscars in there. Really, outrageously well acted and wonderfully put together.

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
just watched dancer in the dark for the 100th time...my face hurts from crying so much...im such a man...

bjorks performance is stunning.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Finally got round to buying True Grit yesterday, made it halfway through before I had to go to bed. Hailee Steinfeld is IN-CREDIBLE. Best performance from anyone her age I've ever seen. Can't believe she's only 14. :ugh:

Time and time again the Coen brothers are proving to me that I will watch anything they make. I'd even watch it if they made a film out of Noddy.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
"The Atomic Brain", "Swimming with Sharks"

I could probably just start a new thread to ask this, but does any one have any good recommendations for some good old (1930s-60s) gangster movies? I really haven't watched any so any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
"The Atomic Brain", "Swimming with Sharks"

I could probably just start a new thread to ask this, but does any one have any good recommendations for some good old (1930s-60s) gangster movies? I really haven't watched any so any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

The public enemy (it's a must and james cagney is the real gangsta, )
angels with dirty faces
Le samurai
White heat
Rififi

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
^^

Thanks :yesway:. I'll probably start by Picking up a 4-pack of mgm gangster titles that i saw at the store. I know there are some Cagney flicks on there, including Public Enemy.

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
Watched City Of God last night.Holy shit:eek: great film.I love the way it says on the cover its like a Brazilian Goodfellas when in fact its SO much better:lol:

Skyblue

Reaction score
Finally got round to buying True Grit yesterday, made it halfway through before I had to go to bed. Hailee Steinfeld is IN-CREDIBLE. Best performance from anyone her age I've ever seen. Can't believe she's only 14. :ugh:

Time and time again the Coen brothers are proving to me that I will watch anything they make. I'd even watch it if they made a film out of Noddy.
I freaking LOVE True Grit. Do yourself a huge favor and watch the whole thing~

klami

Reaction score
The moon must have aligned with something weird and struck me this week, since I`ve been watching Akira, Ghost in the Shell I & II the last days.

Even though I`m not big on anime (I enjoyed these films), I`m thinking that I should give it another chance!

')