Movies you've been watching...

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
No one, but it feels gross in a goddam james bond movie, which is historically a series for escapism, to even include details about sexual assault. If they hadn't included that crap it would have been far less weird. I like the entries where James Bond is more ruthless, like Licence to Kill. But Skyfall like, doesn't have him be morally ambiguous except in those couple of misfire scenes. The rest of it he's supposed to be hero spy man like normal. It's badly written. Plenty of people like it, I'm not one of them. It's about on the level of View to a Kill for me. Still watchable, but near the bottom of my list. Certainly way better than Spectre.
My opinion is that he's always been a borderline creep with a charming quality who stops awaful people. He also kind of gives his boss shit, sort of like Stone Cold Steve Austin (though the latter was a lot more antagonistic on screen, because wrestling).

Just to be clear: I like him better that way rather than a straight and narrow "hero."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
She had an incredible run in the 2000s of being by far the best part of pretty weak movies. Dark Shadows, 300 2, Sin City 2, etc. She just oozed sexuality and charisma. My favorite example of how big of a presence she was on screen is in Kingdom of Heaven, where the scenes with her and Orlando Bloom are just embarrassing with how much he gets acted off the screen.
She has two big presences. I think that is part of her appeal.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
One of these days I'll get around to watching the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven, as far as I know that's really the only way to watch it. I straight up FORGOT they made a Sin City 2, but not surprised she ended up in it given her look.
How? Even just by the poster alone. How? I could go blind and still remember it.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
How? Even just by the poster alone. How? I could go blind and still remember it.

It's real easy to avoid things when you don't have cable, nor do I see ads due to Adblockers, so I unless it's something that A LOT of people were talking about (spoiler: they didn't) or I saw the trailer and put a reminder for it? In one ear and out the other basically.

I thought Sin City was cool, never read the comic or anything but didn't feel it needed a sequel; especially one that brought back characters who could only exist in flashbacks like Bruce Willis.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
It's real easy to avoid things when you don't have cable, nor do I see ads due to Adblockers, so I unless it's something that A LOT of people were talking about (spoiler: they didn't) or I saw the trailer and put a reminder for it? In one ear and out the other basically.

I thought Sin City was cool, never read the comic or anything but didn't feel it needed a sequel; especially one that brought back characters who could only exist in flashbacks like Bruce Willis.
I believe there are 6 graphic novels, though if it didn't do well, I'm sure they wouldn't have done a sequel.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get the hype between Eva Green as Vespa, she looked ...not great for whatever reason in that movie; if you want to see her at maximum boner inducing, I'd say it's the 300 sequel. Bond women have been downhill since Famke Jensen (and yes, I know she's a villain), Olga whatshersomething COULD'VE been good in Quantum of Solace but they made her look like a victim of Goldfinger with all that bronzer. I think Gemma Arterton was also in that one, so she was also outgunned there too.
Seeing Femke Jensen crushing Bond with her thighs in Goldeneye awakened something in me as a child.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Off the Bond topic here, but why the fuck is Zack Snyder seemingly incapable of releasing the right movie the first time? I saw recently that his Not Star Wars movies both have director's cuts on Netflix now and I just don't get it. I get that studios have a lot of sway in how a movie looks as a final product but I would think Netflix would give him the creative freedom to do his thing. Just make the movie good the first time, Zack!

Also, full disclosure: I have no intention of watching either Rebel Moon unless my partner wants to throw one on to fall asleep to.

Edit: also, Famke Jansen.* sorry, queen.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Off the Bond topic here, but why the fuck is Zack Snyder seemingly incapable of releasing the right movie the first time? I saw recently that his Not Star Wars movies both have director's cuts on Netflix now and I just don't get it. I get that studios have a lot of sway in how a movie looks as a final product but I would think Netflix would give him the creative freedom to do his thing. Just make the movie good the first time, Zack!

Also, full disclosure: I have no intention of watching either Rebel Moon unless my partner wants to throw one on to fall asleep to.

Edit: also, Famke Jansen.* sorry, queen.
Janssen*.

')