Movies you've been watching...

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
finally got around to Furiosa. Do I think it was necessary to make it? No. Did I enjoy it? yeah, for the most part. There are some questionable CGI bits but the action sequences overall are pretty cool. Miller's cinematography is very much in line with his last movie 1000 Years of Longing, where the film is broken into sections, there's a very strong color emphasis (on red) and heavy use of silhouetting. There are some really neat composite shots that look like a massive tracking shot and some clear drone footage to help improve the sense of scale. Chris Hemsworth chews scenery like a motherfucker and is easily the most entertaining villain in the whole pile of degenerate bogans onscreen. There are some questionable cuts that don't really work in terms of the flow of the story imo. Overall it's entertaining.

My favorite tidbit was seeing Furiosa using a slightly modernized version of an Apache revolver. It's honestly a very on brand weapon for the Mad Max universe as it looks like some psychopath combined brass knuckles, a knife and a revolver all in one (which is exactly what the gangs of Paris did back in the 1800s).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')