Movies you've been watching...

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
finally got around to Furiosa. Do I think it was necessary to make it? No. Did I enjoy it? yeah, for the most part. There are some questionable CGI bits but the action sequences overall are pretty cool. Miller's cinematography is very much in line with his last movie 1000 Years of Longing, where the film is broken into sections, there's a very strong color emphasis (on red) and heavy use of silhouetting. There are some really neat composite shots that look like a massive tracking shot and some clear drone footage to help improve the sense of scale. Chris Hemsworth chews scenery like a motherfucker and is easily the most entertaining villain in the whole pile of degenerate bogans onscreen. There are some questionable cuts that don't really work in terms of the flow of the story imo. Overall it's entertaining.

My favorite tidbit was seeing Furiosa using a slightly modernized version of an Apache revolver. It's honestly a very on brand weapon for the Mad Max universe as it looks like some psychopath combined brass knuckles, a knife and a revolver all in one (which is exactly what the gangs of Paris did back in the 1800s).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Just finished watching Longlegs. WTF. This is supposed to be the best horror movie of the year? I had high hopes, but that wouldn't have been sufficient even for moderate hopes.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Strange Darling- One of the more creative horror movies that has come out this year imo. It's better to go in completely blind, but there are some interesting subversions of genre tropes. The cinematography/framing is awesome at times, with very strong lighting and use of a lot of reds and blues. At other times it's very naturalistic and straightforward. The story is jumbled up to make you think things unravel one way, when they go another. Willa Fitzgerald chews scenery like mad.
The gore is pretty straightforward and practically done from what I can tell.

Cannibalcricket

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Old Boy and Chappie and John Carpenter's The Thing. Hanna and Anna and Kate. Natural Born Killers, Sam Ramey's Spider-Man (all of them in order because you could have watched all of the Lord of the Rings and wasted more time) it's so great when Bruce Campbell shows up. Death Proof and Collateral. I should read more.

')