MTD Kingston vs Cort?

• Thread starter cip 123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
I played a Kingston Z6 in a store years ago. The one I played was very well set up and had a great neck. Like yours, it had a very light body. The clear finish looked a bit low-budget but I didn't notice any sharp fret ends or anything. It was also quite bright sounding but I felt it lacked punch in the low mids. Overall, I was pretty impressed for the price.

Hoping everything gets sorted for you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

giantchris

Reaction score
I've had a Kingston Z4 for years it plays fantastic but to get the sounds I wanted I had to upgrade the preamp and the pickups. The preamp is pure garbage but once you upgrade it its pretty incredible and the neck is so easy to play. I put an EMG preamp and Nordstrand Big Singles in mine and it sounds pretty amazing.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
i own a cort bass ch4 i think the model is, it has a wenge neck and two huge humbucker active pickups, as for sound wise its very throaty and has a pretty good growl to it.
iv always played warwick rockbasses back in the day when i had more time, and am now getting back into it.
to be honest i like the sound of the cort a bit better, only because of the wenge neck, the warwick rockbasses that i have played were all maple. still sounded good but not what i was going for.

cip 123

Reaction score
UPDATE: Received my new KZ5 today. Fit and Finish is much better on this, the frets are all nice everything plays smooth. To top it off BassDirect sent it in a hardcase this time round! I didn't ask for it and wasn't charged. It does look like a used one but who the hell cares it's a hiscox case. Outstanding customer service from these guys, if you need any bass equipment head to them. They just go the extra mile, even answer emails when it would seem like out of hours.

http://bassdirect.co.uk/

Might post an NGD thread if I get round to it with pics.

Latest posts

')