Multi effects processor.

mZappaz

Reaction score
Alright im looking for a multi effects proccessor, im getting sick of using my line six for effects. i'd rather run them through my marshall and when i get a new amp that one.

I dont use allot of amp modulating (although i think it would be great for doing covers so its not a bad feature to have)

i would like allot of effects mainly, (im more looking for quality of effects then quantity) i would rather have 50 really awsome realistic effects then 100 so/so effects.

i want to eventually run my rig in stereo. (for when/if i start doing gigs) so effects like stereo delay and stereo reverb would be usefull.

i would like midi swithcing so i could switch beetween effects quick and so i can save my favourite combinations of effects.

i will have a ghost piezo midi hexpender on my next guitar so if any effects systems have midi processors built in that would be pretty awsome...also i will have a ghost piezo acoustiphonic system on my next guitar so anything directed to accoustic sound processing would be great too.

i have been looking at the following systems:

-T.C electronics g-force / g-major 2 (what are the differences??)

-Rocktron prophessy 2

-Eventide h8000 fw

-digidesign eleven rack

-Fractal audio axe fx ultra ( sounds like a sweet unit i would like to hear much more about it and its capabilities)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
AXE FX Ultra is the only one you need imo. There is so much power behind that unit I swear it blows all those other units you listed out of the water. There are many posts about the unit here on these forums and many people here use it. I used to think the Rocktron Prophesy 2 was the coolest thing on the planet then I was blown away by the Eventide H8000 shortly after that I was introduced to the Axe FX Ultra, it was like all those units you listed ,but with features like the amp sim and custom dual rig setups almost like a in depth version of Line 6's Pod Farm just better. It's really hard to just explain in writing, you just need to check out videos on youtube and read about the software you can download to make custom presets on your computer and load to the rack device.

cradleofflames

Reaction score
The only unit you've listed that even holds a candle to the Axe is the H8000 which is nearly 3 times the price. Not to mention how often do you need to run guitar in surround?

mZappaz

Reaction score
AXE FX Ultra is the only one you need imo. There is so much power behind that unit I swear it blows all those other units you listed out of the water. There are many posts about the unit here on these forums and many people here use it. I used to think the Rocktron Prophesy 2 was the coolest thing on the planet then I was blown away by the Eventide H8000 shortly after that I was introduced to the Axe FX Ultra, it was like all those units you listed ,but with features like the amp sim and custom dual rig setups almost like a in depth version of Line 6's Pod Farm just better. It's really hard to just explain in writing, you just need to check out videos on youtube and read about the software you can download to make custom presets on your computer and load to the rack device.

can you use a normal amplifier and just use this for effects

The only unit you've listed that even holds a candle to the Axe is the H8000 which is nearly 3 times the price. Not to mention how often do you need to run guitar in surround?

HOW would you even run a guitar in suround lol

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
You most certainly can:

CIMG0773.jpg

CIMG0780.jpg

')