Multi-FX unit vs. pedalboard (for fx+volume etc. only)

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
another bonus of the Weeping Demon is the option to be switched OR switchless. Plus many options to tweak the sounds in various ways.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Here's my setup now, I bought a power supply for the pedals too :) I'll attach these to a board once the paint has dried, will post another pic then.
1175647_10201264091296655_693624267_n.jpg

One question about the wah: I have it in the fx-loop now, is that the way to do it or should I put it between the guitar and the amp to have the wah before the distortion etc? The volume pedal definitely needs to be in the fx-loop to keep the same distortion at lower volumes (I use this when composing, so I can hear what the guys are saying)

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
One question about the wah: I have it in the fx-loop now, is that the way to do it or should I put it between the guitar and the amp to have the wah before the distortion etc? The volume pedal definitely needs to be in the fx-loop to keep the same distortion at lower volumes (I use this when composing, so I can hear what the guys are saying)

Depends on the sound you want....quite contrasting.

See here : wah in the loop?

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Depends on the sound you want....quite contrasting.

See here : wah in the loop?

Yeah, figures... I think I'll try it before the preamp today. In the loop the lowest frequencies are completely inaudible and the highest ones make my ears bleed even with volumes around 3/10 on my Valveking :D

This wah sounds pretty good, but it has absolutely zero options for how it sounds (apart from the boost). I'd prefer the range to be a bit more narrow, because like I said, the lowest freq's are absolutely inaudible and the highest ones are too squeky (maybe putting the wah before the preamp will help with this, though?), so maybe I'll play around with this one for a while and try to trade it for a demon+some cash or some other suitable wah...

WarMachine

Reaction score
Check out an original crybaby dude. No signature BS and its like you said, no high pitched, inaudible shit either. I loved mine :shred:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Check out an original crybaby dude. No signature BS and its like you said, no high pitched, inaudible shit either. I loved mine :shred:

Yep, maybe I'll try to trade this one for a 95Q at some point. It's pretty much the same thing on paper and costs exactly the same, but it's a crybaby.

')