Multiscale 7, 8, and 9 string

in a multiscale extended range guitar would you prefer

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey I'm pretty new here but I was wondering the interest level of multiscale guitars and what people think is a fair price for them.

what scale lengths would be the best and how many strings for those scale lengths.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
A few months back I thought multiscale instruments looked stupid and would never have wanted one. Now, I have learned benefits and grown to like the look, and at the moment I'm thinking I'll probably never buy a singlescale again.
I'm currently dreaming of several lovely customs that I will one day own, with scale lengths something like this;
8 string electric (near future) EA EADGBE 30"-27.75"
8 string acoustic A EADGBE A 26.5"-24.25"
6 string bass A EADG C 36.25"-34"

A reasonable price to pay for a multiscale guitar? Well ofcourse that depends on many things other than the fact that it's a multiscale guitar. I have NO idea how much harder it is to make one, even though I fully understand how it works. I can't imagine it's much harder at all but I may be very wrong. I'd say that there's no need to add any more than £200-£300 for it being multiscale.

Reaction score
I just posted a poll please take a moment to answer a few questions thank you very much.

Keep creating

please help us make the the best guitars for you.

Thank you.

good feed back please keep letting us know

thank you.
keep creating.

Reaction score
Hello I am creating a new guitar line and am trying to get opinions from other players i am only looking extended range guitars 7+ up to 13 strings. the more input the better.

Thank you.
Keep Creating

Reaction score
hey everyone just trying to get some opinions for a new guitar line any feed back is awesome
Thank you
Keep creating

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I also giggled at inactive pickups :)

The fan depends really, if it's an 8 string I might go for a 3" fan, but for a 7 I think a 2" fan would be fine.

I am very partial to bolt-on, i just find it snappier

Reaction score
I'd go for like a 28"-26" on an 8 string. I understand the benefits, you just don't want it so severe a fan that it hurts to play certain chords.

77zark77

Reaction score
i'm with some guys here who want a fanned fretboard for a high A
(so 23.5 to 25 or something like that) :yesway:

pink freud

Reaction score
I think a 9 would be cool. Low F# (or whatever) and the High A.

')