Multiscale Chambered 8-string Hybrid Singlecut - build thread

• Thread starter Erik Hauri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
wow. i wish i had a fraction of a clue of how to do everything you've done here. i need to buy some books :(

looking really good (duh you already knew that). ill be checking back frequently!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Erik Hauri

Lumber -> Guitars
Reaction score
The day job has been annoyingly consuming these past few months - but hey, if I didn't have it then I wouldn't be building I guess!

The nut is cut, bolted on the neck, and the tuners and bridges have been fitted. I strung it up to confirm all the various alignments :yesway: and now it is disassembled and ready for Tru Oil.

This thing will really come alive when the Tru Oil hits it. This weekend.

BH8-1.jpg

BH8-2.jpg

BH8-3.jpg

vansinn

Reaction score
This is turning out really beatyful; can hardly wait for that oiled wood ;)
The pup arrangement puzzles me, it'll be interesting seeing it all mounted up.

Erik Hauri

Lumber -> Guitars
Reaction score
Yeah, interestingly Charlie Hunter was here in the area not too long ago. I was all set to go see him play, then that morning Snowmageddon started - 52" of snow in one week.

2010snow26.jpg

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Have you considered adding another fret or so on that little fretless corner of board?

Its yelling at me I hadta ask :ugh:

Erik Hauri

Lumber -> Guitars
Reaction score
Have you considered adding another fret or so on that little fretless corner of board?

Its yelling at me I hadta ask :ugh:

Those are the voices inside your head - ignore them and they will go away. :lol:

As it stands, there are 22 frets - not enough room for 24 - and 23 would just be awkward.

Erik Hauri

Lumber -> Guitars
Reaction score
Got it all together this weekend - fretwork done, neck on, hardware on, strung up, set up - and it made its first noise. I LOVE that moment, it is like a child being born.

Or Frankenstein coming to life (take your pick).

Only bummer - the dual-concentric pot I ordered for the stacked bass-tone knob for the bass pickups has a wierd center detent on both shafts, NOT what you want on a volume pot. :angry: So I ordered a Fender one, and they sent me the wrong pot! :angry: :angry:

Updated pics.

BH8-9.jpg

BH8-10.jpg

BH8-11.jpg

BH8-12.jpg

BH8-13.jpg

BH8-14.jpg

Andrew_B

Reaction score
beautiful,
i really dig the bass/guitar machine head combonation :yesway:

whats a centre detent?